• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Going to have to wait until Treehouse is done and dusted but in terms of stuff that we actually saw playable material of, Luigi's Mansion 3 and Astral Chain are up there. I did not expect Luigi's Mansion 3 to take every criticism of 2 to heart and improve ghost designs, go back to a non-mission based structure, and provide what I actually wanted all along from a Luigi's Mansion sequel. Not only that but it looks extremely gorgeous, Next Level Games are masters at bringing the personality out front and center in the Mario series. Astral Chain looks like yet another instance of Platinum outdoing themselves in terms of combat systems by doing something new and unique that isn't beholden to their codified Bayonetta archetype.

As far as reveals go? No More Heroes 3.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Cyberpunk by default. 2nd place Jedi Fallen Order.

I mean thinking about it I of course have a lot more interest in Halo Infinite than Jedi:FO, but some cutscene doesn't feel like a game to me.

FFObsessed

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE 😭

Perfection. Even if part 1 is just midgar, i love that they're expanding it.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
Either FFVII:Re or BotW2.

I will say BotW2 because I didn't know about it previously, so it was a great surprise.
FFVII though. I can't wait to play that game.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
No More Heroes III easily had the best reveal but if we're talking gameplay, Watch Dogs Legion for sure.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly? Watch Dogs Legion. It looks crazy ambitious and after that gameplay demo and reading about it I'm very much interested. Cyberpunk, VII Remake, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 3, and (what little we saw of it) BotW 2 are looking really good as well.

A lot of games to look forward to.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
I had a conversation with a friend yesterday about what we wanted from a BotW sequel.

He said, "It should be creepier."

I said, "I'd like it to have underwater and/or underground exploration."

So, uh...

BotW 2 is my answer.

Of stuff that's actually coming soon, I'd probably pick FFVII Remake. Was really pleased by what I saw.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft Flight Simulator - brought a tear to my eyes seeing a legendary PC franchise return

Runners-up:

Cyberpunk 2077 - might be game of the gen and one of the greatest games ever made
FF7 Remake - looked even better than expected and very beefed up combat. Oh, and Tifa
BOTW2 - not explanation necessary

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Can't pick between FFVII and Cyberpunk. Both games are just so far beyond everything else shown.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
I voted Watch Dogs 3. It was the only properly shown game that grabbed me.

Elden Ring and Deathloop interested me more, but I don't really consider short cinematic trailers worthy of "Game of Show".

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
Final Fantasy 7 and it's not even close. i wanted it to be cyberpunk, but all we saw was a cgi cutscene and keanu reeves. i really couldn't care less about celeb actors in videogames so final fantasy it is. biggest surprise for me was blair witch.

Oct 25, 2017
In terms of gameplay shown and sheer ambition, Watch_Dogs Legion.

Games I want the most are Elden Ring and Ghostwire Tokyo though.

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Astral Chain. Looks like the amalgamation of Platinum's past work combined into something distinct.

Although I really liked what I saw from Doom Eternal and Watch Dogs Legion as well.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Even though no gameplay was shown, BOTW2.

If we're going by Gameplay shown then either Astral Chain or Tales of Arise.

FF7:R looks incredible but I'm still working on getting over how many changes and stuff they're making to the story.

Oct 25, 2017
I picked Animal Crossing. It just looks like the kind of game I could play all day and not have a care in the world.

Second would be FF7R and that is coming from someone with zero nostalgia for FF7. It looks fun and the battle system doesn't look too bad.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
Ghostwire even tho it only had a cg trailer and it wasn't the Mikami directed horror game I was hoping for. That's how dire this E3 was for me.

Doom Eternal looks sick tho.

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Elden Ring.
Can't stop repeating myself "oooooohh Elden ring" like an idiot lol.

Qurupeke

Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy VII Remake. The reveal was hype, expanding on the symphony trailer and having a lot of gameplay footage. The enthusiastic audience made it even better.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
FF7, it looks great and they even brought a gameplay demonstration to a game conference they are so ahead of their time.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
For Panzer Dragoon I expected a shitty remaster, not a full on Remake. There's still a ton to improve, but it looks amazing.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
I think i'll go for link's awakening for the game that will bring me the most joy sooner rather than later.

Oh fuck, and panzer dragoon

Deleted member 49804

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Cyberpunk 2077. The protagonist looks great and the Keanu Reeves moment on stage was glorious.
I'm hyped for the game and just announcing the release date would've been enough for me to make it the best game of E3.

Second one is Minecraft Dungeones.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
FF7R and Watch Dogs. Ubisoft has been so good this generation and the new Watch Dogs looks like it's going to be real good. BoTW 2 has me excited even though I loathed the original, hoping them being underground is a subtle hint that dungeons will be in the game.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Watch Dogs Legion, crazy ambitious.

Runners up:

DOOM Eternal
Forza Horizon 4 LEGO DLC
Microsoft Flight Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.