• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
I realize that many on this forum will be understandably annoyed with the onslaught of Avengers threads. The biggest thing that I noticed was that most of the threads thus far exist to complain, critique or question an element of the movie or universe. The Spoiler thread is 70% complaints and criticisms, the review thread is vacuum of argument and both threads have dragged a certain controversial Star Wars movie into the discussion for further arguing and derailment.

Now, I want to be clear. I don't think Endgame was perfect. I loved it but there are things that I wish were handled a bit differently. That's for the other threads.
...but now that I've had time to collect my thoughts and fully digest what I saw on the big screen, I am realizing how much of it was truly incredible, beautiful and was a well-earned pay off.

I want to be positive here.

There is so much to love in this movie, so many scenes that were delicately crafted or written on the backs of a decade of character development. Even little jokes or quick shouts to comic book panels.

What were your favorite moments in Endgame?
(BONUS: What scenes made you cry?)

I'll start:

• Nebula's compassion towards Tony when they are adrift in space. Having rewatched the Guardians films semi-recently, it's really wonderful to see her showing genuine concern and empathy toward a character that isn't even a member of her family. The little moment of her holding hands with Rocket, despite it behind shown to us in the marketing before hand, almost got me.

• I was giggling when Thor had to explain the plot of The Dark World to the rest of the team. There was an intentional parallel drawn between the movie's convoluted story-line and Thor's drunken rambling that left the room baffled and scrambling to calm him and sit him down.

• Captain America's resolve. After Avengers HQ was attacked, all the heroes are down and Captain has nothing but a broken shield- he still marched forward to face Thanos, his children and his army of thousands. He was ready to run into that battle by himself. I hadn't thought about that moment until today and it sent a shiver up my arm.

• "On your left". When all the downed heroes returned through Strange's portals I was crying uncontrollably with a huge smile on my face. When Cap said "Avengers...assemble!" I lost it. This is the moment that we've been building to for 22 films and over 10 years. They fucking earned this scene. This is the childhood of millions come to life on the big screen, something we thought we would never see. It was beautiful.

• Tony seeing Peter for the first time since the decimation. His shock, his emotion, the sudden hug that even took Peter by surprise. This was another cry moment for me.

Alright, let's hear some more. I'm ready.

giphy.gif

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely when you see all the heroes together. At that moment the people in the theater could defeat the army of the dead they were so motivated.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I need to see it again because I'm damn sure I was crying through the whole final hour.

My favorite part was Cap and Peggy getting their dance. Everything else was icing on the very delicious, very earned cake.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Some lesser moments like:
Hulk giving Antman a taco
Nebula bonding with her sister
America's ass
Edit: And how could I fucking forget, Thor 2: The Dark World

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Cap finally lifting the hammer and going crazy with it summoning lightning against Thanos one on one was fucking amazing.

Also, when Cap is injured with a broken shield and he stands up and tightens the shield strap ready to take on Thanos and his army of thousands alone. Most beautiful shot in the MCU by a long way.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Cap wielding Mjolnir was incredible. My theater erupted with cheers when it happened.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I loved the scene where Captain America was leading the group session. It really strips away all the grandeur of his character and shows his most defining attribute: his drive to help people in need no matter what. Even after everything the world has been through, he finds something, no matter how small, that is able to help the lives of others.

Also that time when HE GOT THE HAMMER AND THEN DID THIS CRAZY ASS SHIELD WOMBO COMBO WITH MJOLNIR DID YOU GUYS SEE THAT

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Definitely Peter and Tony's reunion, as well as Cap lifting Mjolnir. Professor Hulk, Fat Thor, Ronin, Sam becoming Cap

I pretty much loved everything about this movie

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
"Avengers...assemble!"

That and the amazing comic power mashups

Thor powering up Iron Mans suit, Cap dual wielding hammer and shield, Rescue and Iron Man back to back.

Also, instant kill mode. It was nice to see Spider-Man actually letting loose.

Pudie

The Fallen
Aug 19, 2018
Avengers.... Assemble. And the big sweeping shot. So cathartic.

I also really loved Tony as a dad. It was just super sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.