• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Do you think we're still getting a direct this month? And do you prefer this way of announcing games?

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they gotta get the small news out of the way between all the major first party game reveals and the Spider-Man Smash DLC reveal

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo should simply tweet that they will shut down. It's crazy how impatient some of you are, jesus.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Why are you guys so impatient for a glorified commercial

Relax lmao

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Directs are dead, all hail Twitter announcements
I still believe a Direct is coming this month

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
If this is their way to say "hey we save up on a direct", it's nowhere near the same hype, so i hope this doesn't mean there are no Direct coming soon.

Diego Renault

Nov 1, 2017
It's a simpe strategy. They use twitter for the low key announcements, like release dates of already announced games etc., while sparing the big and cool annoucements for the directs.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
There could still be one, though I would guess it will be at the end of the month if there is one in January.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Usually when a company has a Twitter account, they like to announce new things on it. Either that or racist propaganda.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
You're only noticing because there's a direct looming lol.

They always annouce stuff on Twitter lol

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta get all the other fluff announcements out of the way before they bring the big guns for the Direct

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
most likely their one last thing was not ready so the direct is cancelled and they reveal stuff on twitter instead (kinda like sony does), it feels like too much at this point and people are setting themselves up to disappointment by saying they are just taking away the filler. it only serves as a way to raise expectations when we dont even know what is going on.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Twitter announcements are nothing new, but the new thing is, it's possible this is an attempt to throw off leaks/rumors.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I would assume it's so these announcements are not overshadowed in a direct. Based on what they've announced so far, it's pretty clear they had more than enough for at least a mini direct, so I don't think these tweets are in place of one.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
In the January Direct there are probably gonna be games that would overshadow the announcements made in these days. I'm pretty confident that Yoshi, Dragon's Dogma and Final Fantasy will show up anyway in the Direct. They could be featured in a "Spring montage" or something like that.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The government is shut down. They aren't allowed to do a Direct while a shutdown is ongoing. Twitter is their only option until it's resolved.

Kissenkopf

Nov 1, 2017
Mein Land!
King Zell said a Direct is coming and I believe him. Those Twitter Annoucements are no indication for a cancelled Direct.
If we are in May and nothing happen: then, Ladies and Gentleman, we can spread the word...and you know what word it is.

Johnzyboi

Nov 10, 2018
They always do this. People are just more aware now because they think a direct is happening.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If you look closely, you will see that most announcements where made by third party publishers, Nintendo is just echoing them.

Also, since we just got out of holiday season, maybe those announcement were ready a long time ago, but they decided to sit on them till the new year.

Plum

May 31, 2018
It should have been clear that a Direct wasn't going to happen this week when it wasn't announced on Tuesday and Wednesday. My bet is for next week, but there's really no knowing of when it'll be.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
For people who don't watch Directs, stuff is always 'announced' on Twitter or YouTube or Facebook etc etc etc

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't have wanted any of his stuff taking up time in a Direct (and I'm excited for Crafted World), so it's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.