• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's your gender?

• Agender

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non-Binary

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Female/Woman

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Male/Man

Votes: 49 89.1%
  • Animal/Furry/Plant/Alien/Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trans

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Transphobic rhetoric; inflammatory false equivalencies surrounding gender identity
I'm curious, who's identifying as what on here?

For the sake of this poll, I'm offering five options -- and you can pick all five if you want! This might not be perfect, but I wanted to keep it relatively simple. Apologies if anyone feels left out!

Agender : This includes people who don't identify with gender and people who prefer to conceptualize themselves using parameters and definitions other than gender. Many agender people also identify as non-binary, but I thought that the concept of zero/null/void gender was distinct and important enough to distinguish.

Non-binary : Many non-binary people identify as a gender that's outside of the male/female gender binary entirely, while others identify more as bi-gender, gender fluid, third gender, two spirit, genderqueer, etc.

Female / Woman : This includes all women -- trans, cis, and otherwise.

Male / Man : This includes all men -- trans, cis, and otherwise.

Animal/Furry/Plant/Alien/Other : I'm including this because it's real. More and more people are identifying as wolves and ferns and gremlins and shit, and I personally fully validate that :)

Trans : I'm adding trans to the poll for people who feel like it's an important distinction in how they describe their gender. I think most trans folks (?) would agree that "trans" isn't a gender in and of itself, but that it's a big part of one's gender experience. So I wanted to make room for that.

Again, this poll is anonymous! Feel free to elaborate in the replies.

Bjoern

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Male sex, male gender. I identify as a heterosexual man. But I do respect all people who identify themselves with any gender.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand how identifying as an animal is a gender. Because there are male and female animals. So wouldnt you identify as a male or female? Or non-binary?

Status
Not open for further replies.