• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sampson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Huh? You might say. That makes no sense. WoW is fundamentally about playing online. So is Google Stadia

The many topics and comments on this forum essientially port begging for a downloadable cloud game are missing the entire point.

Yes, the current Stadia launch library consists of PC ports. But that is not the long term vision. If Stadia consists of just PC ports in two or three years from now, it will have failed.

The point of Stadia is to create cloud-first games. Games designed from the ground up for cloud computing, and that could never be replicated on a local machine. That means leveraging the power of the data center, not building a game that will work on the most common video card.

I understand why many people might not get this, because Google seemingly rushed this service out without a flagship cloud-native title. But the idea that Stadia would allow you to download tiles is antithetical to the entire approach. If Stadia succeeds, there will quickly be many Stadia-only titled that will literally be impossible to port.

Stadia is not a fancy version of remote play. It's a rethinking of how games are designed.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So you baited me with the title, but are really trying to prove a point about Google Stadia? Am I misunderstanding something?

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Lol what kind of clickbait is this? As if you don't know Era members post replies without actually reading the post.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone (including myself) being baited:

giphy.gif

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
Most Google services are shut down within three years. Stadia has a lot of work to do if they want the trust of consumers.

Status
Not open for further replies.