• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Last gen port?

• God of War: Ragnarok

• Demon’s Souls Remastered

• Ratchet and Clank: A Rift Apart

• Gran Turismo 7

• Others (Please state in the replies)

• None

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
With the recent announcement of Godfall getting a last gen port and Horizon Forbidden West and Miles Morales also having a PS4 version which shows Sony is looking to invest in cross gen exclusives, which of these games do you think could come to the PS4?

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
project re fantasy is going to be one of the last big ps4 games imo like persona 5 was

killa2max

May 17, 2018
Seattle, WA
God of War: Ragnarok is about the only one I think has a chance to show up on PS4. Maybe GT7 since it's been in development for so long, but racing games are often show pieces for new systems.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
24d0e59984a2f347ae9addb459dd6bbd.gif

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like if God of war was a ps5 exclusive they would have said that by now

Lionheart

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think any of those in the poll, maybe GT7 but hopefully they utilize some sort of Global Illumination that wouldn't run on PS4.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Godfall is not a First party game. I don't see how a PS4 port of that is any way related to Sony first party games and their strategy.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys realize that Godfall wasn't published or developed by Sony? How are people on a "enthusiast" video game message board generally so ignorant about video games?

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
hopefully none, let the PS4 die and get games on the PS5 only, especially when your competition is buying up all the exclusives for its own console

Megabreath

Oct 25, 2018
Didn't Miles sell way more on PS5? By 2022/3 when GOW2 comes out it won't be worth making a PS4 version

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Another vote for god of war. That and horizon mark good support for ps4. I think gt7 maybe, as well. If they include serious improvements on ps5 versions, it's a good compromise. Ps5-only would be better -if you have a ps5.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
God of War prob a cross gen game because it's been in dev since 2018.

Do not expect any "back ports" of anything else announced. Demons Souls is 100% off the table

DisturbedSwan

Oct 25, 2017
Hampshire, UK.
Demon's Souls Remastered? It's a full ground up remake.

GT7 is confirmed PS5 only along with R&C, the only one that has a chance is Ragnarok as we know the least about it.

eggroll

Apr 18, 2021
The teleportation stuff in Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart I'm pretty sure it's entirely dependent on the SSD.
I'd say GoW Ragnarok probably could run on the PS4 (but it'll look insane on PS5), but whether they'll release probably depends on its release date. Whenever it's released if demand for PS5 is still through the roof/largely above supply, I think it'll be worth it for them to release on PS4 as well. If people can easily grab a PS5, no one will play it on PS4 (Miles Morales proves that the enthusiast crowd would rather wait for a couple of months and play the superior version).
In all the games on the list, none can be compared to GodFall. Reviews and sales were mediocre, it's not first party, not a game that'll push people to buy hardware.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Out of those, God of War. Leaning towards none though. Man, Sony about to release some bangers looking at your list. Phenomenal times ahead.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Godfall didn't get 'announced' for PS4 yet
Godfall isnt even published by Sony
Sony already told us Horizon was cross gen, why hide other versions?
Whats the point of a late PS4 port? All the data we are seeing suggests PS4 versions of cross gen games sell fairly poorly.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
None of them. I mean, I don't really care one way or the other but I don't think any of them will.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I don't expect any upcoming first-party PS5 games to have PS4 ports.

This is a thread to react to the news ... in this thread which is like two hours old.

Last edited:

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I'm honestly kind of surprised that Demon's Souls remake never came to the PS4, but I guess it makes sense in that Sony wanted/needed at least one next generation exclusive launch game for their shiny new console.

I can totally see God of War 5 coming to PS4 if the technology allows for it and Horizon Forbidden West is successful enough on PS4. Otherwise though, I don't really see any other big games coming to PS4, and I'm not even sure God of War will make it to PS4 especially if it's a late 2022 game which it very well might be at this point.

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Miles sell way more on PS5? By 2022/3 when GOW2 comes out it won't be worth making a PS4 version

God-of-War-Ragnarok-b-768x406.jpg

I still believe 🥲

If I had to guess:

Ratchet: No
Demon's Souls: No
Returnal: No
GT7: Possible, though can think of reasons why they wouldn't.
Next God of War: Possible, though not sure why they wouldn't have said already.

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
GoW Ragnarok, Demons Souls, Horizon, GT7.. all of them are easy choices. R&T is not happening on PS4.

Bonfires Down

Nov 2, 2017
If any are cross-gen they will be so at launch. It does not make sense to go back and port them later. So maybe GoW but more likely none.

Actually I wouldn't be shocked if they decide to cancel the PS4 version of Horizon.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
GoW5.

If it was an exclusive, Jimbo would have said so on that one interview.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
GoW5.

If it was an exclusive, Jimbo would have said so on that one interview.
The game wasn't (and still isn't) really announced back then, it is just a teaser that the PR line for it is non existent. They aren't answering anything about it, technically speaking they haven't even outright said it's coming this year.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there's such a thing as investing in cross-gen games.
Godfall is published by Gearbox. Horizon Forbidden West and Moles Morales were circumstantial, but we'll see.
  • Demon's Souls: Bluepoint will have moved away from and put ther weight behind their next ambitious project.
  • Ratchet & Clank would be cross-gen on launch if it was coming to PS4.
  • GT7 is the only game we've seen that looks like maybe it could be downported to PS4, but then again it's a 2022 release, so I'm thinking it's out because of that detail.
  • God of War: we've seen nothing of the game. If it was coming in 2021, we'd have seen a frame of the game and so it being a 2022 game also means that it's out.

Last edited:

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I hope none beyond what's already announced, but I can see Gran Turismo 7 being cross-gen as well as the The Last of Us MP game. I'm 50/50 on God of War, don't think Sony is gonna port Demon's Souls to the PS4 half a year+ after the PS5 launch and Ratchet simply isn't happening due to its need for the SSD, Insomniac would have to completely redesign those moments where you teleport from one planet to another within seconds.

Boogolo

Nov 1, 2020
I would guess GOW 2 was always planned as a cross gen game. I have a feeling demons souls gets a PS4 and PC release

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
I'm not sure you can consider the game ports if they started out as PS4 games, horizon forbidden west for example. Its more likely the PS5 version is a port, but with improvements.

god of war ragnarok has not been announced for any system as well, so that too is likely a port on PS5 of a PS4 game.

GT7 was capture and announced on PS5, but it was announced as a playstation exclusive, so that too could have started out as a PS4 game.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure you can consider the game ports if they started out as PS4 games, horizon forbidden west for example. Its more likely the PS5 version is a port, but with improvements.

god of war ragnarok has not been announced for any system as well, so that too is likely a port on PS5 of a PS4 game.

GT7 was capture and announced on PS5, but it was announced as a playstation exclusive, so that too could have started out as a PS4 game.

this is certainly a type of logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.