• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
There's been so many this year, but which thread do you feel gets the honor of greatest thread backfire of 2021?

Post your contenders, and maybe a short quip about the thread.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
That one a week ago about the guy who got kicked out of the movie theater was pretty funny

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slayven believing Guardians of the Galaxy game features racism. Guess he didn't "peep" this one.

www.resetera.com

So i am watching a stream of Guardians of Galaxy, and was shocked at the racist joke in the game.

In a sequence where they talk to the Nova World mind you can fill out a application to join the core. On it it asks what planet you from one of the choices is "Urf". The well known and lowkey racist meme from ID4 https://www.gq.com/story/will-smith-never-said-welcome-to-earf-in-independence-day...

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
My own donkey urine thread. Wasn't expecting 80% of people to say they'd happily do it.

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
Wasn't there one about something like Fuck the Fire Department which backfired quite a bit? The OP got something about the police and fire department confused and instead of admitting it, spent the thread arguing why the fire department were as bad as the police or something. I can't remember exactly.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
My favorite threads are the ones where the OP has this whole story and one small glossed over detail or omission gets noticed by the thread and totally flips the whole story. The unraveling is so great.

Wasn't there one about something like Fuck the Fire Department which backfired quite a bit? The OP got something about the police and fire department confused and instead of admitting it, spent the thread arguing why the fire department were as bad as the police or something. I can't remember exactly.
I remember that too. Crazy stuff.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
My favorite threads are the ones where the OP has this whole story and one small glossed over detail or omission gets noticed by the thread and totally flips the whole story. The unraveling is so great.

The relationship one where everyone was taking the side of the guy - except for when he revealed he hadn't paid rent in two years and was spending any money he had on videogames. *chef's kiss*

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this thread seems like a really bad idea

Status
Not open for further replies.