• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

renx

Jan 3, 2020
I remember Lisa Su mentioning about a different kind of "secret sauce" for each of the new nextgen consoles.
I thought that Sony's secret sauce could be the new custom IO, and the fast SSD.
But I believe that the PS5 SSD was already demoed at that time, and Lisa might have been talking about something that AMD produces for the console.
Feeling like there's something GPU related, and off course we don't really know much about RDNA 2. But what we call "secret sauce" should be something "extra".
Do you guys expect some kind of surprise?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't expect much. If they had something really shocking to show off they would've talked about it already.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Well which is it, first two posters!?

My guess is it's also a toaster. Very handy.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Potentially exchangeable shell is still to be announced. Modders will love this. Black will surely be one of the early options if so.

I'm guessing the ports on the back will simply be another USB type-C. No optical out.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they haven't shown the back which means...

toaster oven

make totinos pizza rolls in your ps5 by playing the exclusive gta 6 at 8k

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Yes, during the launch period and leading up. MS will have some too.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
What hardware reveal are you waiting for? We got a deep dive from the lead system architect himself. In the unlikely case any differences from what was talked about in that presentation they'll be very slight clock adjustments or maybe a step up in RAM bandwidth.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What was the PS5's interesting thing that Jason Schrier and others were talking about months ago? It was DualSense?

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
The only thing that can surprise me is full BC for PS1,2,3, and 4 :P

Yup, still wondering about this. Also curious about any machine learning tech in the PS5, AI features like an assistant, and can I remove one side of the outer casing and merge 2 PS5's together to form my own PS5 Pro šŸ˜

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Scratch and Sniff stickers come with each game. Stick them on the DualSense to make it a TreSense.

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
This is the perfect thread to have this discussion:

www.resetera.com

PlayStation 5 Pre-Release Technical Discussion |OT| OT

CPU: 8x Zen 2 Cores at 3.5GHz (variable frequency) GPU: 10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz (variable frequency) GPU Architecture: Custom RDNA 2 Memory/Interface: 16GB GDDR6/256-bit Memory Bandwidth: 448GB/s Internal Storage: Custom 825GB SSD IO Throughput: 5.5GB/s (Raw), Typical 8-9GB/s...

Status
Not open for further replies.