• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Hey all. I have more free time now (unfortunately had to give up my writing gig), so I'm going back to making games for fun. I tend to make RPGs like in RPG Maker--my first was back in middle school on the PS1 RPG Maker. It got so big that I had to split it up between memory cards. And let's just not mention having one's work erased by a third party memory card...

Since then I've "published" (put on itch.io) my own Sokoban-inspired game, and now I'm working on an RPG in RPG Maker MV.

I was just wondering if we had any other game dev/design hobbyists who don't pursue making games as a career but do so in their free time?

If so, show ERA what you've worked on or what you're tinkering with currently. :)

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Plenty of this going on in the Indie Game Development Thread!

My project over the past few years has been Horizon Vanguard, a scrolling-meets-light-gun arcade shooting game. Here's a year-old trailer from the launch of an early demo:

It's tough to be on something for so long, but it's been an extremely satisfying project.

OP
OP
Phil32

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Oops! There's already a thread... and I had forgotten about it! Haha :X

Thanks for the reminder, Tain! I'll check it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.