• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will be the outcome of this generation?

• PlayStation wins by a large margin

Votes: 42 66.7%
  • PlayStation wins by a moderate margin

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • PlayStation wins narrowly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They are almost even

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Xbox wins narrowly

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Xbox wins by a moderate margin

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Xbox wins by a large margin

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Conor

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who is going to come out on top in this upcoming generation? The common sentiment seems to be that it will be a repeat of this generation, but there are still many unknowns. We don't have prices for either platform and there are rumours of Xbox launching a second lower cost console.

Do any of these factors have the potential to change what happens at this point, or has PlayStation cemented their position with the strength of their first party content? Will Xcloud and their PC commitment along with gamepass change the metrics for success for Xbox?

I personally can't decide what I think. Xbox is in a much stronger position than they were at this time last generation, they've massively improved 1st party, and offer incredible value with Game Pass. Sony has massive momentum and brand loyalty after an incredible generation for their 1st party and massive sales.

The only thing I'm certain of is that both platforms are going in the right direction, so I expect them to both have successful generations either way.

How do you think it's going to turn out?

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone wins, both consoles look great and both companies are doing well, competition is great for the end consumer.

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think both companies will make a healthy profit and people who want to play their games will have fun.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How are you measuring "win"? Straight revenue, boxes sold, software sold, what? They have pretty different priorities nowadays and aren't directly comparable.

Both will be successful. Someone doesn't have to win and another lose.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
if we go by how many consoles are sold. Sony.

if we go by how much money a company makes from their gaming division; it very well could be MS; but we would have to see those gamepass subscription sales.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad so many people are not concerned about hw sales!

However, I think tables will turn this generation. Microsoft have made some smart moves.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
Hopefully everyone will find the value that they look for in the console they buy. No need for anyone to win.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Depends on you measure it. If you are going by consoles sales then most likely the same outcome as this generation.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
How are you measuring "win"? Straight revenue, boxes sold, software sold, what? They have pretty different priorities nowadays and aren't directly comparable.

Both will be successful. Someone doesn't have to win and another lose.
its-not-enough-that-i-should-succeed-others-should-fail-quote-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.