• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Inflammatory and Antagonistic Thread Creation

Disneyland reopened in California after 13 months and people were in tears

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Come on man the pandemic has been shit for everyone. They're not crying because it's Disneyland they're crying because they're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Why are there adult fans of anything? I think this a strange sort of gatekeeping.

I think a lot of these people probably feel like Disney theme parks are the closest thing they have to feeling like a child again, and I think that's perfectly okay...

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if it makes them happy and they aren't like that creepy "wokeness is ruining Disney" douche, then what's really the problem?

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Because people like things you don't and it's been an incredibly stressful 13 months for many.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Why can't adults like Disney stuff? They probably grew up with all that as kids. Let people like why they like.

Personaly, I don't get it, it's not my cup of tea, but different strokes and all.

Oct 25, 2017
Literally the definition of "no fun allowed"

You're making fun of people at DisneyLand and yet you're posting on a video game forum

Oct 29, 2017
Same as any other media with a fandom. Amusement Parks are no different from movies or video games in their power to elicit emotion, especially Disney ones.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
What a lame attack on people. We're all doing our best.

this brings people great joy. Never stand in the way of other people's joy.

some of my happiest moments in life are in the Parks. Moments with families and friends, things I hold dear.The place means a lot, to a lot of people. For the workers, this is a return to normalcy, this is a return to a good place.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I'm happy for them?

We all lost a sense of normalcy in the last year.

Let these folks enjoy Disneyland

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even before the pandemic though there were people just like this who are mega fans of Disney.

Not hard to see why: they grew up with it, it's a warm and comforting nostalgia for many.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
this ain't just about you OP but man this place is full of some of the most judgmental people I've encountered

OP
OP
chaobreaker

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What makes you think I'm mocking them? I just don't get the fervent love for Disney parks.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Essentially what everyone else is saying. It doesn't even seem like you're mad at Disney Fans specifically based on just sharing a Tweet of a few Disney fans that are probably feeling pretty happy to be in a place they like after being shut-in for a long time. It's not like everyone at that park is crying either sure a lot of people are just glad to be out.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
I can't wait to make a "why are there comic book adults?" thread here and receive a warm reception!

Like, c'mon, man.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Shared inappropriate content w/o proper disclaimer
After searching "disney adults" I found this

Also this:

86482571.jpg

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
What makes you think I'm mocking them? I just don't get the fervent love for Disney parks.
Have you tried to 'get' it? Or do you just shrug your shoulders and say "I don't get it" because you are incapable of considering how not everyone thinks the same as you do???

The couple of times I've been as an adult, I found that I was hit with a rush of nostalgia and wonder. The sights, sounds and smells are fantastic at the parks. The staff are wonderful, the atmosphere is joyous and exciting. It was a nice escape from the daily grind.

The only negatives I really have with the parks would be the crowds and the outrageous prices, but I could have just as easily chosen to go to a lesser theme park if I'd wanted to!

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
How come there are so many posts on a video game forum questioning why adults like Disney? I've seen multiples of these over the last few days now.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Why is anything a thing

People like things

When such liking is harmless why care

Unless to be an asshole

Is that who you want to be?

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
They feed on the emotional energy of those around them. Disney theme parks are a veritable smorgasbord.

Oct 27, 2017
Love Disney. There is lots of stuff for adults to do that isn't just for kids. For example drinking around the world at Epcot is tons of fun.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
It's not about Disney. It's about a return to normalcy.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Nostalgia and Disney runs very clean, very immersive and polished experiences. They're not some carnies or Six Flags. It's easy to get sucked in to the "magic" when you grow up on Disney cartoons and movies and stories. Go for the meet and greets, stay for the dole whips 15 years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.