• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Like with the recent controversy that's occurred, it's just unbelievable how immature they act. The amount they go to defend him and his racist actions is just so absurd. As well, I found this celebration done by a fanboy over Pewdiepie owning 'SJW'
https://twitter.com/_Drummershy_/status/1112746055974690816
And I just can't help but shake my head at this sight. Why are these guys so immature?

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You have it backwards, it's manchildren who like PDP.

Because he's like them and he validates their behavior.

DGenerator

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
Is this thread really inspired by some random brony celebrating in an awkward video?

Knowing they're a brony, there's probably way more cringeworthy material to draw from, but that's not the point.

He's playing into manchildren who hear his whistles.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Because that's exactly the demographic he markets himself to.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
His demographic is teenagers who feel like being edgelords. Most adults who watch him never grow out of that phase.

OP
OP
DragonSJG

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Is this thread really inspired by some random brony celebrating in an awkward video?

Knowing they're a brony, there's probably way more cringeworthy material to draw from, but that's not the point.

He's playing into manchildren who hear his whistles.
Its just one example I've seen. The point that baffles me is the 'Suck it SJWS'. Like...just...why

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
my little sister (14) is probably one of the most SJW kids of this generation but even she likes him and watches him along with a long list of other youtubers, mostly vloggers, daily. I am 25 now and I guess that's just old enough to not understand kids' facination with vloggers and "youtuber culture". I like lots of youtubers, but for their content about various subjects that I am interested in. lol idc about their personal life.

Jindrax

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well if you spend a significant amount of your day watching YouTube videos of a dude playing games while screaming ... I mean it's self explanatory, no?

Deleted member 28076

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
PewDiePie's whole schtick is to radicalize the vulnerable into far-right politics through the spreading of hateful content trojan-horsed into "good vibes," hence having Ben Shapiro on just to laugh at memes and recommending a Jordan Peterson book because "it made me realize how people think." As a result, his userbase consists pretty much entirely of those who are impressionable (usually the young) or those who already have been radicalized, as they realize his usefulness (alt-right edgelords.)

So his two demographics are adults who are mentally children, or literal children.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Any large fan group of people is going to turn toxic at some point. They idolize him and adore him and will do things because "helping" their hero outweigh any reasonable options. PDP does nothing to stop this, and actively encourages it at times, which makes it even worse. Then tie in his blatent naziism and racisim, and a certain part of the internet will latch onto that and support him too.

But basically, he is just an everliving cunt who lucked into a fanbase, and such a person should never have sway even if their opinions were much less extreme

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Because a large portion of them are young kids. In the small times I have talked to my cousins, pewdiepie was one of the things they brought up. Also, kids aren't as pure as some people think they are, and the things I hear them say while playing Fortnite will instantly get them ban here.

Last edited:

JetBazooka

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Like with the recent controversy that's occurred, it's just unbelievable how immature they act. The amount they go to defend him and his racist actions is just so absurd. As well, I found this celebration done by a fanboy over Pewdiepie owning 'SJW'
https://twitter.com/_Drummershy_/status/1112746055974690816
And I just can't help but shake my head at this sight. Why are these guys so immature?
Hes been around for a long time that I cant believe people still watch him. Its pretty sad really. He was trash even when he first started youtubing. Hes been around so long that his once younger fans are now older and he gets a lot of new younger fans all the time. I cant take any of his fans seriously as many use memes as a form of entertainment. They rate memes and review them or something weird. It seems the only people who get away with racism and prejudice or things of that nature are big gamers/ youtubers. Its like they have immunity.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I mean who else than someone with the brain of a 10 year old would watch this shit in the first place.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
He has alot of fans here, lets see if they'll come in and give us an answer. Most likely they'll log in an alt account and answer though.

OP
OP
DragonSJG

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Last edited:

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did you make two threads about the same people? Yes you did. Why? They're crappy people, report them and move on. Don't let these people affect your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.