• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
I think getting banned is not necessarily always a bad thing. Maybe there is always a good in it. And yes it is so worth to try at least once in your life.

You see, i just got banned for two weeks. And yes, not ashamed og it. In fact, I think im kinda proud, who else here got banned for "very long history of trolling" while others only "trolling". Mine has that kind of unique sounds that others may not have, and im not going to let it go very soo . If it has a pop-up trophy notification, maybe it will go something like "Trolling in the deep - You have earned a trophy"

Anyway, not gonna talk about it that much. But as much as an awkward experience it was, i think it is not as bad as people make it seem to be. After i got banned, i realized i was in so much stress without realizing it. From bad news (yeah literally bad news) in etcetera forum, and people arguing with each other endlessly, etc etc and i think those things exhausted me so much. Have you ever imagined walking endlessly for like eternity? No, it doesnt feel like that actually, but you can imagine the exaggeration i put in it.

How do i cope with that during my "vacation" period? I found trying something new is actually fun. For some reason getting banned reduce the weight on my shoulders a lil bit. Interacting with people talking about game and diablo 3 in non-forum way is actually fun, and not reading disturbing news like mass shooting, war here war there actually helped to reduce my anxiety a bit. It is called ignorance too, but in my condition right now i think i need it the most. And what else? Ohh.. and dont have to worry about what kind of backlash i will receive in this forum while my posts are not even offensive. I remember i once asked "why star wars solo marketing got less advertisements" and got backlash for that.

After everything, I think thats what i need to do next time i feel stressed. Swimming deep in internet is indeed exhausting. Next time maybe i will try to close down my tab windows, amd see things in another twisted perspective. Plot twist: this is not be the last time i get banned, who knows when i will get the red tag again next time and until my permanent one? But until then, you are going to be here with me for very long time

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
For many people here getting banned means harassment. You can take a break from the forum without being banned and it is indeed healthy to if you're finding it too heavy.

In fact, I think im kinda proud, who else here got banned for "very long history of trolling" while others only "trolling".

Last edited:
OP
OP
Riversands

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017

Rotkehle

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hamm, Germany
Nah, the mods here ban too fast. I got banned two times and didn't have the feeling that those were justified. More so I'm a bit disappointed. Felt like the opposite of my ban in neogaf for criticizing Trumps and his followers.

So no, it's not something fun.

Oct 28, 2017
Australia
Sounds like you needed a spot of self-care. Probably like most of us. Too much of this place, or any place on the internet is crippling. Good luck going forward.

ParmeSean

May 14, 2018
Meanwhile i'm in every fighting game thread calling out scrubs to git gud and i've never gotten banned

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
If you need a break, you can do so without trolling, which can make things inhospitable for other users.

Status
Not open for further replies.