• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Osan912

Avenger
Sep 22, 2018
News to me. Was never a super huge fan to begin with. I always thought Eric Andre was way more talented anyway.

Resilient

Oct 25, 2017
WTF? If he owns the property he can do what he wants? Did he abuse these people or something? From what I've (very) quickly gathered, he didn't - apparently gave them 2 free months rent before moving them on? Giving them time to find a new place?

If you rent, these are the risks you take?

Cmon OP reassess this one. You linked a tweet chain and then posted 4 words! What's your take ?

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Way to misrepresent what he said in that podcast. Maybe tear him down for something actually justifiable if you hate him so bad.

Fugu

Oct 26, 2017
WTF? If he owns the property he can do what he wants? Did he abuse these people or something? From what I've (very) quickly gathered, he didn't - apparently gave them 2 free months rent before moving them on? Giving them time to find a new place?

Cmon OP reassess this one. You linked a tweet chain and then posted 4 words! What's your take ?
As if the vast majority of people who are renting made a choice to do so.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, if you listen to the podcast there's no "bragging" in there.

And people's leases were up and he gave them 2 months rent free just to be nice. This thread is weird as shit, did you just see the words "landlord" and "bragged about kicking people out" and you just assumed he was the bad guy in the situation?

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
Slumlord is such a loaded word. He owned properties, rented them out for awhile, then decided to just use them as AirBnBs. While you may find this distasteful, I assure you it's perfectly legal and happens all the time.

OP
OP
kylecoley182

kylecoley182

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

He shouldn't brag about it and should be cancel

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
He shouldn't brag about it and should be cancel

177.jpg

So is this a joke thread or...

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Slumlord is such a loaded word. He owned properties, rented them out for awhile, then decided to just use them as AirBnBs. While you may find this distasteful, I assure you it's perfectly legal and happens all the time.
It should, in fact, not be legal.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Slumlord?

For real?

All owners are automatically evil? 2 free months of rent is pretty fucking saintly in the world of renting.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Not only that, but he gave them 2 months to skip rent payments so they could save cash for the move.

He's no saint and he did uproot their lives, but he also didn't leave them helpless. What a huge overreaction this thread is.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know or care to know every detail of these people's lives no more than I want to know every sin committed by my cashier or waitress.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is he a slumlord for turning his apartments into Airbnb? Worst case scenario you can call him an asshole

bricewgilbert

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WA, USA

I would recommend investigating more of the world of housing and the politics that surround it beyond the liberal and right wing perspective.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas

Ehhhh.... disruptive hotel tech is a massive issue and has contributed greatly to screwing people out of a chance to have decent and affordable housing - especially in cities or tourist areas. It's a big issue. To be fair, local and state governments need to be stepping up more to address it, but AirBnb is massively exploitative and damaging to local housing economies.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
not agreeing or disagreeing but something being legal doesn't make it bad or good. legality is not morality.

Resilient

Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.