• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I watched the whole event this weekend and was surprised over how scripted everything was. It came to a point where in the early keynote, when he was talking to the hologram the two NPCs just stopped moving until he ended the conversation. Not to say how terrible the stealth and shooting segment that came after was, and various other issues.

What was worst is that it was a lot more smoother in the previous year keynote, that I just watched. Sure, you can see some graphical improvements, but it looks like the gameplay mechanics have regressed rather than improved.

I don't have faith that this game will ever finish, and it was weird that it's already 2019, Chris Roberts can excused it for being 'it's early days'

First part of the gameplay at 6.30

Second part of the gameplay (shown at the ending keynote) at 41:18

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
These idiots are STILL talking about shit they want to add to the game...lol. Star Citizen exists so Chris Robert's can fiddled around for another decade without having to get a job. I say this as a backer who has long since written this nonsense off.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Wut.

This Keynote was far and beyond in polish compared to the other years where they have restarted, crasched and clippings. I honestly don't see your criticism there.

Gameplay wise? I mean it is the same old in some senses, while the stealth looks mundane, it is just a small thing in a larger scope that I hope they can improve on, but it is still early in regards to that.

Roberts himself states that its coming together more and more now which is true and also states (when they drive into the ship) that he rememberd a time when it was almost impossible (two years ago keynote I think).

Munba

Oct 27, 2017
This seems much better than before, so i presume you are not following this game lately... :P

Deleted member 46489

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
I have a strong feeling that this will end up releasing in 2023 as an unfocused, unfinished, buggy mess. It's not a scam, but it's a damn irresponsible way of developing a game by a guy who hasn't made a game in like 20 years, and doesn't have the best reputation when it comes to project management.

Status
Not open for further replies.