• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PlayStation this morning:

And a million other promotions, tweets and interviews with the leaders and directors of their internal studio games.

Directors of movies can be arguably more famous than the movie itself, and yet, I hardly recognize or know a single face or name from Microsoft's end with their studio lineup aside from maybe Rod Ferguson who is more of a producer than anything.

Why aren't we shining light on these talented individuals? I love getting to hear their insight and communication with the fans.

Whose leading at Rare, whose at Coalition, whose at 343 (I don't think they know right now ;), whose at Playground or the Initiative? No idea!

I get that games are the culimination of the talent of hundreds and not a singular individual, but this is at least the first step to shine light on the creators.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You just don't pay attention to gaming new internally becuase they're all out there. I follow a ton of them on Twitter

TheJackdog

Oct 27, 2017
rod fergusson is everywhere? bonnie hunt rossfrom 343? frankie posts on this forum

Phil takes interviews with everyone. Rare constantly has community streams for sea of thieves with members of the dev team.

wut?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Didn't they have like an entire 15 minute special for Bonnie

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Jesus this post is some real low effort.

If you had bothered to do any research you'd find that MS does this on a regular basis.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So instead of a normal title like. SIE worldwide studios tell their favorite Playstation game and a cool discussion. You went with this.

lasthope106

Oct 25, 2017
Iowa USA
I don't care about a single individual. The likes of Shigeru Miyamoto, Sid Meier, and other influential game creators is very few, and they were the pioneers. These days games that most people consume are produced by gigantic teams, and the team as a whole should be recognized for their hard work.

Making celebrieties out of a few people is not something I want game companies to do.

Murfield

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they're afraid someone will get mass recognition and turn out like Notch. I having your IPs being associated with some director can backfire, as if they misbehave they can't be replaced.

Another example would be Kojima, comes across as pretty sexist. But could you sell a MGS game without his name attached? Likewise Kojima got backlash for dumping Hayter.

Peter Molyneuex, Todd howard, and Sean Murray getting in trouble for exaggerating game features is another example of how this can lead to bad press.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vire

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who the fuck is Jason Ronald.

How, please tell me is this a console war thread. Unreal.

I just want to know more from the creators themselves. I hardly see any interviews or postings on this forum about directors from Microsoft studios.

And yet? I see Kojima this, Neil that, Cory this and so on.

if you were actually interested in learning about these things, you wouldn't have framed the entire thread around Sony versus Microsoft

you're really bad at this

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Because Phil Spencer is a demon who gets more powerful the more attention he gets.
He cannot have any competition.

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This forum has a very childish way of handling different thoughts and opinions. You can engage with the OP and inform him without assuming he's trying to start a console war. WTF.

I follow all gaming news and i don't know any of MS first party talents.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't care about a single individual. The likes of Shigeru Miyamoto, Sid Meier, and other influential game creators is very few, and they were the pioneers. These days games that most people consume are produced by gigantic teams, and the team as a whole should be recognized for their hard work.

Making celebrieties out of a few people is not something I want game companies to do.
exactly. i prefer not making it seem like someone who has made 2 games is some visionary in the industry.
games are made by a ton of people, it's not good to put someone front and center and try hard to make them a celebrity.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who the fuck is Jason Ronald.

How, please tell me is this a console war thread. Unreal.

I just want to know more from the creators themselves. I hardly see any interviews or postings on this forum about directors from Microsoft studios.

And yet? I see Kojima this, Neil that, Cory this and so on.

Your being an obtuse dumbass

OP
OP
Vire

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This forum has a very childish way of handling different thoughts and opinions. You can engage with the OP and inform him without assuming he's trying to start a console war. WTF.

I follow all gaming news and i don't any of MS first party talents.
I follow Giant Bomb, ResetERA and Twitter and I never hear about any of them.

Maybe I'm missing the magical channel to hear about all this hot gaming news 🙄.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I only vaguely follow xbox and I know Fergusson more than anyone in the OP besides Balrog.

Status
Not open for further replies.