• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Civilization VI was ported to the Switch last year, and it was a surprisingly great port - the controls and UI were extremely well adapted, and the performance was great. Civilization VI went on to do very well on the Switch; which leads me to my question of, why in the world is it not on PS4 and Xbox One yet? The control and UI adjustments are already made, and a port to PS4 and Xbox One is surely easier than one to Switch was, I presume. If the Switch port's success is any indication, there is an audience for these games on consoles. So what gives?

On a similar note, given the Switch's built in audience for turn based games, as the success of Wargroove, Valkyria Chronicles 4 (relative to all other platforms anyway), Fire Emblem (inevitably), or Civ itself shows, why is XCOM/2 not on the Switch in any capacity? I can see 2 being very taxing on the system, but Enemy Unknown/Within are an obvious shout (they were even on Vita!). So why not?

Why is 2K/Firaxis keeping its series split up across consoles like this?

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
I had heard about XCOM on Switch a while back. Maybe its continued development was contingent on L.A. Noire and Civilization sales. Could still be on the way, could be canned, but 2K is certainly aware of it.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Civilization VI was ported to the Switch last year, and it was a surprisingly great port - the controls and UI were extremely well adapted, and the performance was great. Civilization VI went on to do very well on the Switch; which leads me to my question of, why in the world is it not on PS4 and Xbox One yet? The control and UI adjustments are already made, and a port to PS4 and Xbox One is surely easier than one to Switch was, I presume. If the Switch port's success is any indication, there is an audience for these games on consoles. So what gives?

On a similar note, given the Switch's built in audience for turn based games, as the success of Wargroove, Valkyria Chronicles 4 (relative to all other platforms anyway), Fire Emblem (inevitably), or Civ itself shows, why is XCOM/2 not on the Switch in any capacity? I can see 2 being very taxing on the system, but Enemy Unknown/Within are an obvious shout (they were even on Vita!). So why not?

Why is 2K/Firaxis keeping its series split up across consoles like this?

XCOM is interesting since Kingdom Battle did well and it's a lite version of that battle system.

Youngfossil

Oct 27, 2017
Isnt it mostly Touch screen on switch? They have a tablet version, they probably just didi that.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
X-Com is likely happening - they might want to deliver something a bit more special than just straight up ports because of the sales potential on Switch.

Civ not on other consoles is weird - maybe they dont think there is that big of market on those consoles unless its priced very low.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
XCOM 2 on Switch I could see being difficult because that thing can really chug on XB1 and PS4.

No idea about Civ 6 the other way though.

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
How xcom preforms on ps4 I don't think I'll even run on switch. It's just bad, such a good game. And I believe they haven't figured out how to acomodate the controller for civilization for ps4/Xbox

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
XCOM 2 on Switch I could see being difficult because that thing can really chug on XB1 and PS4.

No idea about Civ 6 the other way though.
It could just be the first game, it doesn't have to be XCOM 2 to be fair

How xcom preforms on ps4 I don't think I'll even run on switch. It's just bad, such a good game. And I believe they haven't figured out how to acomodate the controller for civilization for ps4/Xbox
The controls were already adapted with the Switch port.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Please review our rules on port begging. Let's not have threads for every third party game not on x platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.