• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mistook something from an ingame race with something horrible from our real world.

monsterhunter.fandom.com

Wyverians

Wyverians (Japanese 竜人族) are a race found throughout the Monster Hunter series. Wyverians superficially resemble humans, but they have several traits that suggest a wyvern ancestry. They have pointed ears, four-fingered hands, and an increased lifespan. Some Wyverians can live for hundreds of...

Sorry to have wasted your time.

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's not footbinding, they have digitigrade feet because they're not humans

monsterhunter.fandom.com

Wyverians

Wyverians (Japanese 竜人族) are a race found throughout the Monster Hunter series. Wyverians superficially resemble humans, but they have several traits that suggest a wyvern ancestry. They have pointed ears, four-fingered hands, and an increased lifespan. Some Wyverians can live for hundreds of...

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hinoa is a wyverian. They have weird chicken feet, elf ears, and three fingers.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
latest

tumblr_inline_nvmeqfzYBJ1svguvu_540.jpg

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Also you aight OP? You definitely went ham on a Friday about a fantasy action-RPG game. That's bizarre for Era standard on average.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh....I didn't know there were more differences besides the pointy ears lol.

They also live for hundreds of years and usually end up looking like gnomes in their senior years.

Honestly it's pretty fascinating that there's this whole fantasy race in this series that are not playable in any way. Wyverians can be hunters too.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They also live for hundreds of years and usually end up looking like gnomes in their senior years.

Honestly it's pretty fascinating that there's this whole fantasy race in this series that are not playable in any way. Wyverians can be hunters too.
Ah ok, interesting. I do remember some of the older NPCs looking like that in World.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
There's so many horrible valid things to be concerned about right now and you pick this one?

OP
OP
Kemono

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hinoa is a wyverian. They have weird chicken feet, elf ears, and three fingers.

Ok, wow.

As someone who only played MH: World for a bit i didn't new about the feet of this ingame race. The pictures i can find online are quite mixed tbh. Some from characters with chicken feet, others are using unusual shoes but almost none of them stand on them like on hooves like in this game.

But that's my fault then.

I'll pm a mod for closure.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017

My understanding is that Wyverians are more frail than the human hunters who are functionally super heroes in their strength and durability lol

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
OP thought a bunch of people got together and decided "Hey you know what we should include in this game? Foot binding."

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I definitely didn't need to be reminded of foot binding today while browsing gaming.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
Ok, wow.

As someone who only played MH: World for a bit i didn't new about the feet of this ingame race. The pictures i can find online are quite mixed tbh. Some from characters with chicken feet, others are using unusual shoes but almost none of them stand on them like on hooves like in this game.

But that's my fault then.

I'll pm a mod for closure.
Don't you see it pretty prominently on the third fleet master in world?

Status
Not open for further replies.