• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meffer

Oct 25, 2017
I find it odd that Nintendo hasn't done this when Pokemon Quest and other free-to-play mobile games like Lightseeker are on there. And the game would be great on it too because you can use actual controls.
I don't know, it's wishful thinking on my part; I have a iPhone6 and the game drains battery like crazy (I replaced it two months ago) and makes my phone warm along with not running as well as it should.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
because it's tailor made for mobile, even before Nintendo got their hands in it

Abriael

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Milano - Italy
Why isn't Fate/Grand Order on PS4?

Why isn't every mobile game out there on every console?

Because they're mobile games, made for mobile, with business models tailored for mobile.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The game is not tailored to the capabilities of the Switch (constant network dependency, mostly) and expectations of what the Switch audience expects from a game with the Switch's features and control options. Pokemon Quest seemed like an experiment by Nintendo to see if people wanted mobile-style games on the Switch and they probably have the stats to determine whether or not it's viable to port them.

Oct 25, 2017
It's not out on a ton of countries. Not sure what's the hold up there.

Imagine it's probably harder to update DL constantly on switch, but it would probably play better with buttons.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Nintendo wants to keep the identities of their console and mobile businesses separate.

The Switch's life as a portable machine depends on it being seen as a source of higher quality and more premium experiences than mobile. They have to convince people to spend $300 on it when everyone already has a phone. For that reason, perhaps they don't want it to be seen as having the same games as mobile. Other companies can do it but maybe Nintendo wants to keep their own games separate.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
if anything a granblue like thing would make sense if dragalia would be popular but afaik dragalia is not a big hit like granblue

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dragalia Lost honestly only works because it's on mobile and you have levels that last like 2 minutes. I have a lot of fun with it but it's an extremely shallow, grindy and repetitive experience otherwise.

The world and its characters are fun tho so hopefully they work on something like Granblue Fantasy Relink in the future.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
A Dragalia Lost game built specifically for the switch would make sense. Porting the mobile version over to switch would be a horrible idea.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
When I saw the direct all I could think was "this game would be awesome with 4 players local co-op"

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Why wouldn't you prefer an actual console game based on the IP instead of trying to shove a mobile game on the plaform?

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
let the f2p gacha trash stay in its cesspool, away from actual videogames.

doesn't matter if it's better than most of its kind (although it kinda isn't), let it stay on mobile. We must make sure the fine line between portable games and mobile game isn't erased
Isn't there a Granblue console action RPG being made? They should just do the same with Dragalia.
yeah but it's exclusive to PlayStation, or so they said at the announcement and they haven't said otherwise. Btw it looks fucking amazing

Mashy

Oct 28, 2017
Granblue is much more fitting to be on Switch compared to Dragalia. And yes, Dragalia should be out to the rest of the world by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.