• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Not sure if this question is allowed but I am wondering why isn't there an official process to appeal a ban?
As far as I know, once you are given a ban you have no course of action but to wait it out since you can't message a mod or anything via the site.

As someone who was previously banned for a month, I tried to email Resetera staff and also DM via Twitter but did not receive a reply from either channel.

SideMatt

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean bans rarely seem to be longer than a few days even for some really racist/sexist shit so maybe you deserved it OP...

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes it feels really arbitrary. I'd never been banned in the past and got hit with a one week when I see people acting terrible get warning after warning or one day over and over. You pretty much have to accept that you just might catch a mod having a bad day or something.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Probably a lot more work for the mods/admins than it would ever be worth.

Terminus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I agree the lack of accountability around the ban process is deeply flawed. At minimum the banned party should have some avenue of appeal available to them and the ban tag should list the mod who issued the punishment. But this thread will almost certainly be locked within the next few minutes, because literally any discussion along these lines always is.

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is gonna get closed without a staff response, and you know it lol

This place, like Gaf, is a stone cold dictatorship in regards to bans etc.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
There is. You can use the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the page. Or if it's after a ban is up, you can PM one of the mod captains (myself, B-Dubs, or Mist).

Status
Not open for further replies.