• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Sony has basically given incentive for us to pirate every PlayStation game under the sun. With their decision to axe the storefronts of three systems and consign thousands of digital games to oblivion, the company has fully telegraphed its regard for entertainment software.

Whether it's PSP, PS Vita, or PS3, you might as well just download everything. At least one Sony executive would agree with you - the one so blinkered he can't even understand why you'd PLAY old games, let alone buy them.

It is morally okay to pirate all the PlayStation games you like. Sony basically loves it.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'll never understand the need to frame piracy as not only being okay, but as morally correct. It's "taxation is theft" levels of entitlement.

Like, if you want to act in self interest, whatever, but you're not Robin Hood here.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am not happy with how Sony has handled their legacy content but I will never advocate for piracy

Mar 11, 2020
I absolutely agree with James Stephanie Sterling here but oh man i'm worried they may have poked a big bear with this one. Actively telling people to do something illegal whether moral or not i would think is still rife for lawsuits, but I do know they have a lawyer and hopefully did check about this video first.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Digital games sure are even more worthless on Sony's platforms than on others. Nintendo might be the only one who is just as bad.

Then again, the Wii U eshop is still online.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Seeing as our rules specially don't allow the advocation or justification of piracy, this discussion is basically impossible for us to host. As such, we are choosing to lock it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.