• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

would you buy TLOU 2 digital for now even if you already pre-ordered the physical copy?

• I already pre-ordered the digital version only.

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • No, I will wait for the physical copy.

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • I will cancel my pre-order and go for digital if that is the case.

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • I will have them both anyway digital and physical.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am planning to have it with PS5 day one.

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • I don't like Sony products

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • what is TLOU 2?!

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThingsRscary

Banned
Mar 10, 2019
So we all got the news the delay for releasing TLOU 2 because of the COVID 19. But why not release it for now as a digital since they can do that.
And to be honest with you this is the perfect timing since we are all in-home locked down because of the virus.

if you guys agree we can do a hashtag to release it digitally for the meantime #Tlou2DigitalReleaseForNow

Last edited:

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Are we seriously going to have this thread for every game released at retail this year?

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
So we all got the news the delay for releasing TLOU 2 because of the COVID 19. But why not release it for now as a digital since they can do that.
And to be honest with you this is the perfect timing since we are all in-home locked down because of the virus.

also, I don't wanna die before playing the game.

if you guys agree we can do a hashtag to release it digitally for the meantime #Tlou2DigitalReleaseForNow

Editors rely on distributors to generate profits.

If Sony/ Square/ anyone doesnt want their distributor (gamestop, retails, etc) to get pissed and stop shelving their games, they cant go digital only during the lockdown

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1. they can't release it now, it isn't done

2. they already said that it wouldn't be fair to people with no internet or poor internet speeds

3. it fucks up their sales

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No. I'll wait. I have pre-ordered the expensive Ellie edition. Let's just wait until everybody can play it at the same time. Just look at the FF7 Remake mess and people complaining.

More AAA will get delayed this year. Just deal with it and play some other games or the stuff in your backlog.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Because people have already pre-ordered physical editions, including expensive collector editions, it'd be real shitty fucking them over. I'll be buying TLoU 2 digitally regardless, but they should sit on it for at least a little while before going digital release first.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
you dont wanna piss off the retailer who sells your hardware when they dont even make much off your hardware because they make all their money from games and accesories

lactatingduck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I disagree with all the fairness arguments. It's a business transaction after all but glad everyone's getting after OP for downplaying the virus and ignoring how things are made and sold

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Or they could launch it alongside PS5 in an improved version as well as the original PS4 version and break all sales records and get a nice start of the new generation.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OP man, use some critical thinking skills and apply them to how this industry functions

"why not just release Black Widow on VOD now and in theaters in November??"

no really, think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.