• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Why...

- deceive the viewers to make them believe Chewbacca may have died when Rey destroys the ship? There was another one, ah ok, cool... because yes basically.
- spend just two minutes with the spy in the first order when it should be something more important and when the betrayal should be more justified?
- Rey kisses Kylo? No idea.
- the vision in which Rey sees herself on the dark side? No clue.
- Rey does not become a Sith as if she would supposedly when killing Palpatine as they say in the film?
- Zorii Bliss goes from wanting to kill the protagonists to help them in literally less than a minute?

What a bloody mess of nonsense and fan service.

Sorry because I saw the film yesterday and it was a complete waste of money and time for me.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
The way the dagger was shown to actually locate the mcguffin on the Death Star had me rolling. It's almost been a month and I still chuckle.

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who had only seen 2 Star Wars movies prior (Empire Strike Back and Force Awakens) I thought it was a fun little movie.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of the movie suffers from zero foreshadowing. Like, the mole stuff would've been much more impactful if it had been set up in The Last Jedi.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
It's a movie you have to turn your brain off for, quite literally this time. Enjoy what you're seeing and not think about it afterward.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
chewbacca I liked. The resolution was bullshit but you had the build up of Rey being angry, worried about her powers not being controllable, fighting with Kylo, escalation, force lightning (only palps had shown that before) and then boom! I was actually angry at the thought they'd kill Chewbacca so that had some shock value.

I don't know why Finn followed Rey onto the death star - he literally just gets to where she is and then she fucks off leaving him there.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Rey couldn't kill Palpatine yet because she didn't have actionable intelligence about his attacks. Once she got it, poof, totally justified, no dark side. (She will not be releasing such intelligence at this time, however)

The Chewbacca thing pissed me off because a) it's blatantly manipulative and b) it's the first in a line of like half a dozen fakeouts like that (C3P0, Zorri, Rey, they even kinda start to pull it with Finn). It just sets the tone for all these moments that "yeah none of this shit matters, nothing is actually happening"

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
That whole Hux scene pissed me off. "He's the mole!!!!" But why... huh maybe he has some kind of motivati... oops no hes dead and I guess that's it

Shitty filmmaking, the whole damn movie was amateur hour. Dont even get me started on the editing, the first 30 minutes of the film felt like it was at 1.5x speed

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
A lot of the movie suffers from zero foreshadowing. Like, the mole stuff would've been much more impactful if it had been set up in The Last Jedi.

The movie felt like the conclusion to a completely different trilogy. Like it somehow slipped in from the dimension where JJ did all three.

I thought it wasn't that bad all things considered. It's bad from a lore and pacing perspective, but the movie itself is a fun watch.

I wonder if there's a 6 hour cut in a vault somewhere that could be turned into two more cohesive movies.

Oct 29, 2017
The thing that's so crazy is you easily could've had a character go "The Emperor probably kept it in his throne room" and skipped that part.

It couldn't be that simple because IT IS THEIR DESTINY *thunderclap*

This whole trilogy was such a waste. So much talent, so much money, and it was all so slight. They touted it as the TRUE ending of the Skywalker saga but it didn't add anything to it.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
The way Rey and co had to locate the Sith McGuffin on the Death Star wreckage came straight out of Uncharted. My brother, who has also played Uncharted games, and I immediately started joking about it during the film.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Yeah. The only thing I actually liked in terms of overall story arc between films is that they developed the force teleportation idea from TLJ and made it a climactic part of the film. I really loved that actually. It's about the only thing this film took on board from TLJ.

As I said in another thread I also loved the waywe see force powers used, Rey launching herself into a backflip and other moves. It was portrayed really well and looked cool AF. Shame we never got a long more climactic battle between Rey and Ben like that

As for stuff making sense, yeah this film is a mess. The kiss is a moment I will never get. Rey was nevera romantically involved character which is fucking amazing for a Hollywood movie to do, and yet the one person she connects with on a sexual level is fucking "you're a monster" mental Ben Solo. His redemption and their smiling at each other was so beautiful in that moment. You see Ben has rediscover his humanity and Rey accepts him for that, and then they just madly embrace. It's nonsense. Reylo should never have been a thing holy fuck.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The movie felt like the conclusion to a completely different trilogy. Like it somehow slipped in from the dimension where JJ did all three.

I thought it wasn't that bad all things considered. It's bad from a lore and pacing perspective, but the movie itself is a fun watch.

I wonder if there's a 6 hour cut in a vault somewhere that could be turned into two more cohesive movies.

Yeah, I thought it was a better movie than many people here seem to think it is. It had issues but they were somewhat unavoidable given corporate meddling and the lack of a cohesive plot. Disney should've just given Abrams the whole trilogy and told him to take his time rather than give the middle movie to someone else who clearly had entirely different ideas.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Zorii Bliss can't get off the planet anymore because she sacrificed the coin thingy to Poe...

..no wait, she's alive too.

Stupid movie.
Ahhhh my god. Yes! She can't afford to get off the planet, gives up her one chance to, the planet gets destroyed about 20 movie minutes later but magically in that short time she's managed to finally escape.

Also, WHY or HOW did Poe crash land the Falcon? On a pretty flat field with ordinary weather?! The hot shot pilot who can make needle precision manoeuvres. It's convenient because it now means Rey has to go alone to the Death Star wreckage, but that's about the only reason.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
chewbacca I liked. The resolution was bullshit but you had the build up of Rey being angry, worried about her powers not being controllable, fighting with Kylo, escalation, force lightning (only palps had shown that before) and then boom! I was actually angry at the thought they'd kill Chewbacca so that had some shock value.

I don't know why Finn followed Rey onto the death star - he literally just gets to where she is and then she fucks off leaving him there.
Way more than just Palpy had done it.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
A magic coin that gives you free pass to any ship with no questions asked

A million sith followers hiding in a creepy football stadium with strobe lighting

10000 fully stocked ships hidden in ice somehow , each with a planet killer that was originally the size of a moon to power

C3po saying goodbye to friends , all of whom hate him and none of his true friends like R2 even being in the room

C3po losing memory but don't worry it's stored in the I cloud

C3po givin the knowledge to transcribe sith even though it's a forbidden language

The dead speak .....

Could go on and on...

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Why did the Star Destroyer fleet need a magic beacon to travel vertically up from Exegol but the Resistance fleet could do loop the loops there no problem?

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Star Wars morality is pretty weird, too.

Killing the fascist leader of an evil empire: unquestionably evil.

Killing dozens if not hundreds of rank and file soldiers: chill.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
They had goats charging on top of a star destroyer
giphy.gif

AchingIncomparableAbyssiniangroundhornbill-size_restricted.gif

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Why...

- deceive the viewers to make them believe Chewbacca may have died when Rey destroys the ship? There was another one, ah ok, cool... because yes basically.
- spend just two minutes with the spy in the first order when it should be something more important and when the betrayal should be more justified?
- Rey kisses Kylo? No idea.
- the vision in which Rey sees herself on the dark side? No clue.
- Rey does not become a Sith as if she would supposedly when killing Palpatine as they say in the film?
- Zorii Bliss goes from wanting to kill the protagonists to help them in literally less than a minute?

What a bloody mess of nonsense and fan service.

Sorry because I saw the film yesterday and it was a complete waste of money and time for me.

There's a pretty simple explanation for almost every single one of those. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Why did the Star Destroyer fleet need a magic beacon to travel vertically up from Exegol but the Resistance fleet could do loop the loops there no problem?

It's basically a maze to get to there. It's a completely uncharted hidden location. The point of the beacon is it has to help them travel out and back to attack the rest of the planets. It has absolutely nothing to do with rising vertically. Remember the only way to even get there was to follow a beacon that Rey had. The same beacon that Rey had on the X-Wing is what got everyone back out after the battle, although we don't see that.

Some of you seem to get confused really easily, LOL.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lunanto

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I agree with everything except this:

It foreshadows that Rey is a Palpatine and that there is a possbility of her joining/succeeding Sheev
Sure I got that, but where does that vision comes from? Why does it happen in that moment? Is it some kind of trap to prevent her from grabbing the device? I guess it is asking the film too much to coherently connect the moment and the place in which the vision happens with the vision itself. The communication between Kylo and Rey no matter the place is justified, but this?

Status
Not open for further replies.