• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Virginia, US
Do you think that the Xbox Series X/S preorders on September 22 be like PS5 preorders today where basically it was very difficult to pre-order a PS5 and was sold out instantly. I was lucky enough to preorder a PS5 from Walmart as backup and presumably GameStop website (it is on my purchase history but have not received a confirmation email). I am really hoping that Xbox Series X/S preorders are not as difficult as the PS5 was today. I think the Series S will probably sell out because of the price but I am hoping the Series X is easier to preorder. I want to preorder via Xbox All Access.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Depends on if they make it a free for all and the scalpers get wind of it.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. Any high demand item will run into this unless they have a large excess of stock.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
God, I hope not. Give me a set time they will be available at the MS Store and we are good

Btw OP, I don't believe you can preorder with All Access?

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
For scalpers? Yes.
For actual consumers? Availability will be there, but less demand.

Deleted member 74623

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 14, 2020
I think it could be worse depending on how many people are gonna use All Access. I think you have to go through a credit approval for that

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
probably yeah since there are enough early adopters to buy every single console they release this year.

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Pre-orders are planned to open at 8am on the 22nd here in the UK, so it shouldn't be as random and haphazard as today was.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
How would anyone here know that? Let's see next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.