• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I remember when I first played the original years ago, I liked it but I remember not liking Yuffie, thought she was a vain, stuck up bitch who took advantage of the party. The Wutai side quest where she stole my materia and made me have to go rescue her and fighting really hard bosses without my materia but I saved her and she messed up my materia order and I was like "I am never using you again." Maybe I was too harsh, I don't know. She was fine in Kingdom Hearts.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's not possible to make Yuffie bearable. And if they actually make it where she steals the entire party's inventory and never gives it back at the beginning of Part 2, depowering the party back to square one, she would veer so far off into "worst Final Fantasy character of all time" territory that she'd make Hope and Palom and Porom look like Emet-Selch by comparison.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
It's not possible to make Yuffie bearable. And if they actually make it where she steals the entire party's inventory and never gives it back at the beginning of Part 2, depowering the party back to square one, she would veer so far off into "worst Final Fantasy character of all time" territory that she'd make Hope and Palom and Porom look like Emet-Selch by comparison.

Is it bad that the situation you describe is the time line I'm looking forward to?

Based on what I've seen of the remake so far at Chapter 8 and how anime the game is leaning.... Yuffie is going to be a straight up Naruto homage/ripoff.
Believe it.

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
Yuffie best girl?

I think they can humanize her a lot more by fleshing out the story of the war in Wutai.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
One of my favorite characters, but no, she'll be insufferable if all her other appearances are anything to go by.

Still better than Vincent or Cait Sith though.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure she will be deeper since they're focusing this whole Wutai/Shinra war, a thread that started with Crisis Core.

She's pretty fun, though.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Yuffie and Vincent don't have personalities and just stand in the back of cutscenes doing nothing the entire game

Nov 13, 2017
"Stuck up bitch"

Now there's a red flag. Uh...anyway,

FF7R has turned anime shenanigans up to max power. Yuffie is going to be ridiculous.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
Having the materia all messed up when you get it back is a brilliant touch

I can see why some don't like it, because it's blatantly antagonistic toward the player, but I love it.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
I did like Yuffie a lot, she was an annoying and selfish teen, but also fun and with heart. And decent limit breaks. I never got the appeal of Vincent Valentine, though.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Calling characters a "stuck up bitch" sure is the worst way of framing a thread.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
Like... I don't mind her. Honestly, as annoying as the whole Wutai questline is, it was also very entertaining, as her father's issues, the Turks on vacation, and Don Corneo's revenge actually were amusing as fuck to me. Like it's almost Benny Hill at points, with everyone chasing everyone else.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
If you didn't like Yuffie before I'd advise you to suck it up because most characters are being faithful if not expanded upon from the original.

Deleted member 18360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From what I've seen of the remake I need to eat a lot of crow. I'm not going to call it incredible but so far I actually like all the characters, which before would have been unfathomable. I kind of feel like anything could happen.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Like... I don't mind her. Honestly, as annoying as the whole Wutai questline is, it was also very entertaining, as her father's issues, the Turks on vacation, and Don Corneo's revenge actually were amusing as fuck to me. Like it's almost Benny Hill at points, with everyone chasing everyone else.

Maybe my favorite part of FF VII.

FooF

One Winged Slayer
Mar 24, 2020
i'm really looking forward to Yuffie and Wutai as a whole in the remake especial if they flesh it out. Also the turks being on vacation will be amazing in the Remake.

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
Wutai's place in the remake world is gonna directly tie into Yuffie's depiction. After finishing 7remake I'm actually really excited to see the rest of the world especially Wutai as it feels like the world isn't 100% completely under Shinra's thumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.