• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Madmackem

Oct 28, 2017
I had a 3ds at launch and sold it, infact I think I've had two or three since. However my switch has made me fall back in love with Nintendo again. Looking at the catalog on 3ds now there are a fair few titles I'd like to now play. Rebuying a 3ds at this point seems silly, so what's the odds of ports or the like to switch?. Would be an easy cash grab for Nintendo but I wonder if they don't want to sunset the 3ds just yet, thoughts?.

Oct 29, 2017
Probably not for first party titles because Nintendo want to position the Switch as a home console; and 3DS to Switch ports may potentially jeopardize that brand perception.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I'd love to see some of the later games ported, the likes of Monster Hunter Stories, Ever Oasis, and Samus Returns. My Switch basically replaced my desire to play games on the 3DS, especially with the resolution difference.

Oct 29, 2017
I'd love to see some of the later games ported, the likes of Monster Hunter Generations, Ever Oasis, and Samus Returns. My Switch basically replaced my desire to play games on the 3DS, especially with the resolution difference.

Err...

GV-S6Db8XvYz95IdGFJIuhHc1tquo_gn.png

Yeah, I fully expect pretty much all the notable 3rd party 3DS games to get ported to other platforms already (hell it has already happened to most of them, outside of Atlus' titles, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Bravely Default/Bravely Second and Theatrhythm Curtain Call), so Switch versions of all of the 3DS' major third party titles are probably inevitable.

But first party titles? Probably not...

Status
Not open for further replies.