• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Googling for a bit, I couldn't find any answer, but perhaps that's because the answer is obvious.
With Microsoft announcement the end of back compat for Xbox one, it's fair to say it's back compat catalogue has now maxed out, hence all eyes towards Scarlett.

I can't see them going back over already enhanced back compat titles and re-enhancing them for scarlet and everything Microsoft has said has led us to believe that the enhancement process is easier than imagined for developers.

So, is it right to assume that any game on the Xbox one X (either from this generation or a backward compat game) and also any enhancements (again, either xbone titles or back compact) will run identical as, if not better, on the Scarlett? Will there be literally no advantage to owning an X in a post Scarlett world?

kikuchiyo

Nov 9, 2017
Is the question whether the Xbox One X enhancements will move forward at the same level, or will Scarlett have additional enhancements for old backcompat games?

OP
OP
blitzblake

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Is the question whether the Xbox One X enhancements will move forward at the same level, or will Scarlett have additional enhancements for old backcompat games?
The question is will the games with Xbox enhancements play on Scarlett with those enhancements (aka are the enhancements baked into the game now or are they an X only feature and require individual activation on a per game base on Scarlett)

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, absolutely. Microsofts's strategy right now is to turn Xbox into a service. You can play Xbox games of multiple types of devices and the graphics will scale to what you're running the game on. Not allowing Scarlett to be able to run the game as well as weaker hardware would be entithetical to that entire strategy.

kikuchiyo

Nov 9, 2017
If the machine's backwards compatible with the XBX I would be surprised if those enhancements don't make it over.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They never confirmed how the backward compatibility will be in regards to this, but I would assume that all the Xbox One X enhancements will be there since that version of said game should become the logical default on an Xbox that is more powerful than the Xbox One X?

Would be pretty weird if that wasn't the case.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Seems like an incredibly safe assumption to make.

The question you should be asking is if they're going to go the extra mile to supercharge it for Scarlett. For example, running Xbox 360 and Xbox games at 8K resolution.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
would expect that to be the baseline with some games getting bonus enhancements. probably will just generally run better too in areas where the x enhancement failed to meet target framerates or ran unlocked, for example

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Googling for a bit, I couldn't find any answer, but perhaps that's because the answer is obvious.
With Microsoft announcement the end of back compat for Xbox one, it's fair to say it's back compat catalogue has now maxed out, hence all eyes towards Scarlett.

I can't see them going back over already enhanced back compat titles and re-enhancing them for scarlet and everything Microsoft has said has led us to believe that the enhancement process is easier than imagined for developers.

So, is it right to assume that any game on the Xbox one X (either from this generation or a backward compat game) and also any enhancements (again, either xbone titles or back compact) will run identical as, if not better, on the Scarlett? Will there be literally no advantage to owning an X in a post Scarlett world?

If they handle the games exactly like they're doing now. Scarlett will be able to use the X enhancements and then some. Games that were not Xbox One X enhanced used the One X's power for better performance (like a always on boost mode). So it's most likely going to be the same scenario with Project Scarlett.

For example, Overwatch on the Xbox One X runs in dynamic 4k (and can hit full native at some points). Scarlett won't need a patch, it will just push the game at Native 4K/60fps due to the better hardware. Games with dynamic resolution/unlocked frame rates will benefit from Scarlett's hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.