• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

If a game developer actively platforms bigotry and nazis will you still buy their games?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
One person answered yes, but didn't respond. What a shame. Would've liked to see those mental gymnastics.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Hell no, they'd go on to spread their bigoted beliefs with the revenue they get from said game(s). I can't in good conscience support that.

Wait, why did anyone vote yes?

Argentil

Oct 27, 2017
Would appreciate some examples. I'm avoiding Actiblizz and Ubisoft because of all of their respective nonsense. Thankfully neither pub has released a good game in years, so I'm not missing out.

Oct 27, 2017
No, if they don't ban people that spout that nonsense then I would stop using it, leave a bad review, etc. Mainly cause it normalizes that type of attitude to lonely kids and that's how they get sucked into an echo chamber.

I do support allowing those people to protest on public property or whatever like the 1st Amendment allows. Partially because the petty side of me enjoys seeing how much they're outnumbered by the counter-protestors.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It would have to be somehow I'm unaware of or like in some type of bundle with other games.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll generally try to avoid if I can, although it's becoming increasingly harder to do so given how many game devs and publishers are complete vacuums of morality.

If it's repeat offenders like CDPR then absolutely no chance. Otherwise, I'll either wait for a sale or used if I really really want to play a game so that I'm contributing as little money as possible to them.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
I put THQ as a Ignore on Steam and never looked back. So handy of Steam to have that option, makes sure I never forget :D

TooFriendly

Oct 30, 2017
No. And similarly I won't be buying anything from America at all if they vote in Trump again, which would be a much larger platform for bigotry and nazis.

Oct 25, 2017
The poll and framing of this thread isn't going to lead to any productive discussion, so we're gonna go ahead and lock this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.