• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
amp.cnn.com

There's a chicken wing shortage. So this chain wants you to start loving thighs

Chicken wing prices are going through the roof. So Wingstop, a chain known for, well, wings, is now selling chicken thighs. But getting Americans on board could be a challenge.

Chicken wing prices are going through the roof. So Wingstop, a chain known for, well, wings, is now selling chicken thighs. But getting Americans on board could be a challenge.

On Monday, the restaurant launched a virtual brand called "Thighstop" which serves crispy thighs, with or without sauce. The menu also includes breaded boneless versions of the product. Though the Thighstop brand is digital-only — available on the company's website or through DoorDash but without dedicated stores — customers can order from the "Thighstop" menu through their phones at a Wingstop location, where all orders are filled.

For Wingstop, thighs are a better deal than wings.

Real ones know that chicken thighs are the superior cut of chicken anyway.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
amp.cnn.com

There's a chicken wing shortage. So this chain wants you to start loving thighs

Real ones know that chicken thighs are the superior cut of chicken anyway.
Absolutely.

I tried a Wingstop that opened in my town a few years ago. The variety of spices was nice but the chicken itself was pretty bland and unremarkable and haven't been there since and now I've got ANOTHER one opening up near my work in the next little town over.

How does Era feel about Wingstop? Is it like Popeye's where everyone BUT me seems to LOVE it?

Status
Not open for further replies.