• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogue Kiwi

Chicken Chaser
Banned
May 5, 2019
Reddit users have discovered that when attempting to go to the winnie the pooh website in these countries you are redirected and the page no longer exists.

Current confirmed countries that are censored:

Hong Kong, Australia, UK, Germany, Portugal, South Africa, Singapore, France, Chile, Ireland, Sweden, Poland, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, Brazil, Qatar, NZ

Thanks adj_noun forgot to post website which is: https://winniethepooh.disney.com/

Curiously it still works in the US. I assume this is due to the massive backlash the NBA faced and Disney wants no part of that at the moment.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
He's coming to bust some caps.
s551228258327922884_p1098_i2_w278.jpeg

data west

Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of amazing that there's a world leader that's even more of a little bitch than Trump

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Reddit users have discovered that when attempting to go to the winnie the pooh website in these countries you are redirected and the page no longer exists.

Current confirmed countries that are censored:

Hong Kong, Australia, UK, Germany, Portugal, South Africa, Singapore, France, Chile, Ireland, Sweden, Poland, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, Brazil, Qatar, NZ

Thanks adj_noun forgot to post website which is: https://winniethepooh.disney.com/

Curiously it still works in the US. I assume this is due to the massive backlash the NBA faced and Disney wants no part of that at the moment.
Xi really is trying to takeover huh

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Disney's Blizzard moment is coming

It's gonna be delicious

Rlan

Oct 27, 2017
Wellington, New Zealand
I believe this is a non-story. No Disney.com webpage works in Australia because it rediects everything to Disney.com.au, which doesn't have the equivelant page.

Just look up anything - Toy Story 4, anything. The same thing'll happen.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Is it a ban caused by China, or is it just some kind of geolocation-based ban (like accessing BBC programming online outside of the UK)? I can't imagine that China has that much control over everything (but then again, I wouldn't be surprised either).

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Maybe it's just a problem with the page? Why it would be censored here in Brazil? Kids don't even know it anymore.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
The chillest dude around becomes a symbol against authortanism, guess it makes sense in this fucked up timeline. I wonder if they'll redesign him eventually. That said I have a feeling this is more about geolocation stuff and not about china but who knows

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Here in Spain it loads for a bit then it goes away... maybe it's because the site is supposed to be US & Canada only?

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Uhhhh, y'all sure it's not because they're trying to access the american website? Cuz' if this is true, we are all TRULY fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.