• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Does it worry you that Sony is taking long for the PS5 and it's pricing to be revealed?

• Yes it does worry me

Votes: 71 14.1%
  • No it doesn't worry me

Votes: 428 85.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Derktron

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
For me no I'm not too worried about anything because regardless of what they price it at, the generation is already made for Playstation as the common consumer will choose the PS5 over the Series X. (No trolling intended) but then again it does make you question their confidence on the PS5 and its pricing. Now both companies are going to play the waiting game and for me that's entertaining to see. The competition is back (Even though Phil Spencer stated that Playstation is no longer a worry for them)

Thoughts on this?

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
No. They're confident in whatever they've got without issue because it'll sell on the name alone. They're just trying to gauge how much they'll lose on each box to try and minimize that initial loss.

Aug 23, 2018
No, this is what they did last time. It seems like neither company wants to show too much before the other.

Lockhart is obviously also a huge X factor Sony needs to figure out how to market/price against (assuming its real)

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not sure why you're talking about "PS5 Reveal (PS5 Pricing)" as if they're one and the same. They can reveal the console and announce pricing at a later date.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
Sony is hardly withholding pricing longer than normal. That'll come much closer to release, summer time at the earliest, regardless of any earlier 'reveal' also.

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't worry me at all. I'm buying a PS5 anyways. They could announce the price at the launch day and I would still buy it anyways.

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Doesn't worry me at all. If Sony wants to wait and see what the next Xbox price and strategy is more power to them. I think it's a smart move.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think they're withholding anything. They can reveal the PS5 any time and then reveal the price later. That's what they did with the PS4.

The price has already been set anyway. I don't think they'd change it based on Microsoft's announcement.

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't the price of the PS4 decided at E3? If anything I will be happy if the console I am looking forward to getting is looking to have the lowest price point possible.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Withholding what? In 2013 they revealed the price at E3 so it's not like they're stalling. We know no more of the price of the Series X. Neither of Microsoft or Sony is withholding more than the other. We'll get the details on both well in time for their launch so don't worry.

Last edited:

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
No, not worried at all.

I was prepared to pay more than the launch price of the PS4. This tells me the PS5 could be cheaper.

Letthemfight.gif

Joe White

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Nope, as I've pre-ordered both next gen consoles and the price and other details will be updated before launch. And I'll have 7 days from launch to actual make purchase decision.

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
I find it strange that they have no idea of the pricing. Didn't Albert Penello say that price is the first thing that is decided and then the hardware is built around that?

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
What am I worried about? That I won't know the price when preordering/buying the console?

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
Lol at all these impatient threads. We have way more info about the PS5 at this time than we did for the PS3 back in 2013. I would even argue that we have more info about the PS5 than we do for the SeX if you really think about it.

We are in 2020. News travel fast and Sony doesn't need multiple showcases. BC will also ensures faster transition which makes Sony's efforts to convince people way easier.

I also question the comment regarding pricing as literal to begin with. Revealing price isn't some kind of a game. It just probably means that Sony isn't yet confident when calculating the cost of the PS5 compared to the hypothetical cost of the SeX.

xem

Oct 31, 2017
no, price wars on the hardware will be great. they will make plenty of money on the games/services

Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling x will go for $599. So Sony will undercut by $100.

If Xbox goes $499, Sony will go $399.

I genuinely think X will be the stronger box. Better tech in there.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nah let em play their games. I'm not getting either one this year anyway.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
They revealed the PS4 without mentioning price didnt they?
Why would it be a problem this time?

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
Doesn't worry me one bit.

But i also don't have a clue why the common consumer would naturally choose the ps5.

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Why would we be worried? They know what they're doing. They did the same thing for the PS4 but just had the excuse of their conference being after Microsoft's at E3.

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only worry is that the company may not feel confident enough to market their product based on a fair price of what they intend on offering.

Then again this particular company has made a habit of undercutting the messaging of their competitors and twisting it to their own whims so I'm not really surprised that they don't want to reveal their hand first.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I would be worried if Sony and Microsoft played the game of "Price Chicken" where both wait to react to the other one's price and therefore the consoles never release.

Otherwise no.

nocontent

Dec 29, 2017
Most companies are in business to make a profit, it should not be surprising that they wont do anything which could potentially lower their profit. And realeasing a price when there is no need to would be risking profit.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
if they don´t want to reveal anything yet, they might gauge the competition and see how much power vs cost they can balance for their box. Being careful not to overpromise and then have to deliver an expensive PS3 scenario again :D

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
I find it strange that they have no idea of the pricing. Didn't Albert Penello say that price is the first thing that is decided and then the hardware is built around that?

I think they have a very good idea of price and BOM etc and are more worried about the things they can't control e.g the competition's price.

More interesting to me is which will cave first and announce price? And when?

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
For me no I'm not too worried about anything because regardless of what they price it at, the generation is already made for Playstation as the common consumer will choose the PS5 over the Series X. (No trolling intended) but then again it does make you question their confidence on the PS5 and its pricing. Now both companies are going to play the waiting game and for me that's entertaining to see. The competition is back (Even though Phil Spencer stated that Playstation is no longer a worry for them)

Thoughts on this?
My thoughts...?

Sony KNOWS they aren't going to deliver when it comes to power and specs and that is why they can play the PRICE GAME. So whatever the Series X will cost, they are going to make it $100 cheaper.

And when both are released people will go with the cheaper one. Because for casual gamers and Moms and Dads and kids buying a new console, they don't care much for specs and TERAFLOPS and all. They want a new machine that is cheaper.

So yes, they are worried but they are going to play the Price Game and try to win it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.