• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

g23

Oct 27, 2017
They already had potential for a pretty decent lineup with Master Chief, Marcus, the whole RARE catalog (Killer Instinct, Banjo, Sea of Thieves, Joanna from PD) . With the Bethesda purchasing they now have access to the Doom-guy, Dragonborn from Skyrim, The fallout pip boy. Who would you include in a potential mashup of characters? let's get some ideas going haha.

EDIT: Mod's please transfer this, just realized i'm in the wrong forum 😂

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
Killer Instinct Reboot did something like that, would love to see a sequel with cameos from characters from all their main studios

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only if they add Clippy and the Solitaire pack
0b75ebc3f776021c47133323d230a1a8.jpg

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
I don't really think Microsoft has the IPs that would lend themselves well to a fighting game of that nature nor the audience for a party style fighting game

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think making a direct Smash clone is the way to go. Having their characters show in Smash is the way to go.

Though, I wouldn't say no to a Quake-style crossover with Microsoft characters. Even Banjo could get in that with the Breegull Blaster.

Jul 5, 2019
If anything a competitive first-person shooter-style game would work better. Master Chief and Doomguy with their guns, Dragonborn with a bow, Banjo as a wacky joke character that uses Kazooie as a weapon, and so on. Maybe it could be a semi-lighthearted and self aware spiritual successor to old local competitive shooters like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark?

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If anything a competitive first-person shooter-style game would work better. Master Chief and Doomguy with their guns, Dragonborn with a bow, Banjo as a wacky joke character that uses Kazooie as a weapon, and so on. Maybe it could be a semi-lighthearted and self aware spiritual successor to old local competitive shooters like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark?

Ding ding ding

A Goldeneye or Quake-style crossover would be dope.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
3d arena. Something like Anarchy Reigns.

make one of the stages the windows XP background

also the screensaver maze

OP
OP
g23

g23

Oct 27, 2017

This would be perf. The question is which development team would you hand this over to?

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice.

Add Minecraft Steve with a bow / sword and it'd be pretty welcoming for all ages :D

Jul 5, 2019
Nice.

Add Minecraft Steve with a bow / sword and it'd be pretty welcoming for all ages :D
That'd be perfect! There's also a lot of potential stage-wise. A Fallout map where you have to take control over a vault before a nuclear strike destroys the outside, a Minecraft map where the world is destructible and bases can be built, a DOOM map based off the newer games and a DOOM map with a retro style based off the original, etc. Could make for a super fun game.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
As a Hero Shooter, maybe? I think their roster's pretty middling for a fighter/brawler, but most of them work in a shooter context.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
This thread is better in this board. If they truly made it with this much microsoft lore/meme content, I would be there day 1

Maze screensaver level with a win95 boot melody

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Short answer: no.

Long answer: nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Oct 25, 2017
Realistically, you could have:
  • Master Chief
  • The Arbiter
  • Marcus Fenix
  • Kait Diaz
  • General R.A.A.M
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Conker
  • Doomguy
  • Vault Boy
  • Corvo/Emily
  • Senua (Though putting Senua in a fighting game may be awkward tonally to say the least)
  • BJ Blazkowicz
  • The Dragonborn
  • Ori
  • Minecraft Steve
And you'd still have room for weirder IPs/characters like Viva Pinata, a Deathclaw, one of the Halo Prophets, The Evil Within protag, a Forza car. If they don't take it too seriously, they could make a fun fighting game, but obviously I don't think they have the quality of characters to make something comparable to Smash or even a vs. Capcom game. And even then, finding a way to get a Minecraft and a Gears charactet in the same game would be... challenging

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they have a roster diverse enough and well known enough at the same time to support this

That said, if they can make a fun game out of it then that shouldn't matter. But that's a very big if

Status
Not open for further replies.