• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How many parts?

• Two. Yes. Two. The rest of FFVII will come next. I am an eternal optimist.

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Three. The rest of disc one, some of disc two. Maybe up to the point where Cloud is incapacitated.

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • Four. Midgar only has me thinking this will pan out for a while.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Five or more. They're in this for the long haul.

Votes: 9 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Fairly self explanatory question. I was totally sold on Part One going all the way up to Junon, but I was proven wrong. How much are they planning to add to the story? How long do they plan to tell this story? I have so many questions now.

My answer? I think four at the least. If they make each part really feel like a full length game, I have no problem with this. VII's universe is my favorite game universe, and I'd love to explore in massive depth and detail. But it all depends on how well they handle it.

AxeVince

Oct 26, 2017
I'd expect Midgard to be ~20-30hours is they say it's a full fledge experience.
3 parts the same size would be a pretty good size without counting any open world shenanigans you would be able to do.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Used to think it'd be 3, assuming they'd end at Junon, but now I'm thinking 4.

Part 1 - Midgar
Part 2 - Up thru Cosmo Canyon, Nibelheim, or Rocket Town escape. Yuffie and Cait Sith join.
Part 3 - Up thru North Crater. Vincent joins.
Part 4 - The rest, every location from the previous 3 parts is revisited, it takes 4 blu ray discs, the PS5 SSD is magic

No world map, just nodes you select, FFX/Lost Odyssey style.

I also expect them every 2 years or so, they've got the engine down pat and a lot of the assets I assume can be re-used, and it's UE4 which I assume will work easily with the next gen hardware.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
part 1 - ps4
part 2 - ps5
part 3 - ps6, with remasters of part 1 & 2 being released

enjoy the ride, we are gonna be here for a while

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still thinking it'll be three parts, with part two introducing the entire world map, but ending after the Jenova Reunion. Part three will be about the Weapon battles, which will surely be insane.

ieandrew

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think they compared it to FFXIII recently didn't they? So... three. But I voted two, because I want it to be two very badly.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
As a reminder:

No reaction threads – To prevent clutter we will lock all reaction threads during E3. A reaction thread is a topic about a hot take or some other personal reaction to anything that did or did not happen during E3. Examples include "Why wasn't the Switch 2 announced?", "Did Ubisoft just win E3?" and "I can't believe the leaks were real". These sort of topics can be discussed in news threads and conference threads.

You can discuss this in the announcement threads as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.