• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
It's just mind-boggling how many things I see DAILY that would sink literally other politician but nope

Dude is truly Teflon and I will never understand it

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, at this point he can flat out tweet he killed someone and no-one will do anything.

Yet, again biden has said while he isn't gonna order a DoJ he controls to do anything he isn't gonna stand in their way if they wanna go for trump, and if that doesn't do it new York and other states sure as shit will "do something" the moment he is out of office, yes right now no one is gonna do shit but this guy is on a ticking clock of a month, then 2 months of hell for him trying to figure out how he'll manage to survive which is gonna be insane.

Oct 31, 2017
It's so fucking infuriating that a mafia criminal organization and the tactics associated with the mob has now become integrated with the federal government and normalized at a massive scale, even worldwide.

Even without factoring in ANYTHING ELSE that's happened over the course of these last 5 years, this fact alone, that the United States has essentially given up on any pretense of being the world's "moral leader" and to show that democracy and capitalism are things worth utilizing in a nation/culture, is extremely valuable to all of the autocratic/fascist/authoritarian regimes who thrive on corruption all over the globe.

It's a tragedy among tragedies.

EDIT: Semantic arguments about sociopaths/psychopaths/NPD's and what they mean/intent/purpose in the use of their language, and the context within which it's given, is both important and simultaneously irrelevant.

It doesn't matter that much whether he has or hasn't actually done the explicit corruption he rhetorically discusses here. The fact that he's discussing it alone, when we know for a fact that his modus operandi would allow for him to DO the actions he's discussing, and that he's done similar things in the past, are terrible enough.

This kind of reminds me of the semantic arguments around him not saying that COVID ITSELF was a HOAX, but that it "was the Democrats' new hoax". The context and semantic teasing of the statement misses the point: him simply saying the word "hoax" within a context around the virus, he got his cult to make a false, dangerous correlation while maintaining plausible deniability and distance.

This kind of shit in the OP is very similar, I think.

Last edited:

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Sure, he says he doesn't do that, but we all know everything is a transaction with him.

In fact there's evidence of it just this week, with his good friend Graham. Plus tens of millions in hotel bribes fees to Trump resorts for the pay-to-play.

Oracle CEO Larry Ellison donated $250,000 to a super PAC supporting Sen. Lindsey Graham's (R-SC) reelection campaign as his company closed in on a coveted position as TikTok's US technology partner.

FEC documents show that Ellison made the $250,000 donation to the Security is Strength PAC on September 14th. The Security is Strength PAC has bought ads exclusively in support of Graham's political ambitions, including his 2015 presidential campaign and his current reelection bid for the US Senate.

It's an unusually large donation for Ellison, who also donated $5,200 to Graham's Majority Fund in January. The timing of the larger donation is also remarkable, coming mere hours after Oracle officially announced that it had been chosen as TikTok's technology partner for its US operations, beating out Microsoft in a high-profile bidding process to save the popular video app.

Sen. Graham was reportedly pivotal in arranging the deal

www.theverge.com

Oracle founder donated $250,000 to Graham PAC in final days of TikTok deal

“If TikTok is saved, you can thank me”

StrangeADT

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yea you took the quote out of context. Oof at that title. I'm sure he does it, but this quote is definitely not an admission of guilt.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I actually watched this live.... I was like, does he do this every speech??? lol

Edit- like most others, when ever I hear him talk about how he could've done something (or accuses someone of doing something), but he "didn't do it", I presume he did it...or attempted to.

Last edited:

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
It's just mind-boggling how many things I see DAILY that would sink literally other politician but nope

He's not teflon. Republicans are ignoring his shit because his supporters don't care as long as no one else can be in power. You spend 50 years handing out koolaid to everyone and at some point, they're going to expect you to drink at a critical time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DrForester

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I'm no Trump fan but the topic title is really misleading vs. the context of the statements.
People need to actually watch these twitter clips before posting them.
Yea you took the quote out of context. Oof at that title. I'm sure he does it, but this quote is definitely not an admission of guilt.

Updated post to clarify that honest don said he could do this but doesn't. Because if Trump denies it, we can totally take that at face value. He's never accidentally admitted to crimes only to then try to walk it back before.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This piece of inhuman shit is the worst criminal in the world. He can't even do crime correctly.

StrangeADT

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Updated post to clarify that honest don said he could do this but doesn't. Because if Trump denies it, we can totally take that at face value.
Your original thread title (in case it gets changed) stated that Trump admitted to soliciting bribes. He didn't. That's literally the start and end of it. He does so much dumb shit that we really don't need to resort to selective quoting to paint him in a bad light, and this kind of stuff is always used when they cry about fake news. I get it - I hate him too.

Oct 25, 2017
Updated post to clarify that honest don said he could do this but doesn't. Because if Trump denies it, we can totally take that at face value. He's never accidentally admitted to crimes only to then try to walk it back before.

Stop with the sarcastic shit. Asking OPs to watch the videos in their hot take threads isn't asking much. It's not like there aren't a million other Trump things to have problems with. Take the L with some dignity.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Your original thread title (in case it gets changed) stated that Trump admitted to soliciting bribes. He didn't. That's literally the start and end of it. He does so much dumb shit that we really don't need to resort to selective quoting to paint him in a bad light, and this kind of stuff is always used when they cry about fake news.

This. There are endless legitimate avenues to attack him on, we don't need to sensationalize and obfuscate things.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
27999.jpeg

sonicmj1

Oct 25, 2017
" but he won't do that. "

Where the fuck has this guy been the last four years that he accepts that?
Daniel Dale has been fact-checking everything Trump does through this entire multi-year campaign season. Some people may remember him for this fast-paced fact-check of Trump's convention speech, for instance. He's plenty familiar with the man.

Trump has done about half-a-dozen things in the last 24 hours alone that would be weeks-consuming scandals for a more normal administration, like attack one of his top health officials, call a reporter a "criminal" for not reporting on a bullshit story, and threaten to pull out of the last Presidential debate if the topics of discussion don't change. There's no need to take his words out of context to add more fuel to an already-raging inferno.

Besides, as the Times' coverage of Trump's tax returns showed pretty well, if Exxon gave $25 million for favors from Trump then they're grossly overpaying.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Because he's a fucking scumbag and he's never pretended to be anything but a scum bag. Revealing him to be a scum bag does nothing because anyone who wanted him knew that already.

OP
OP
DrForester

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Stop with the sarcastic shit. Asking OPs to watch the videos in their hot take threads isn't asking much. It's not like there aren't a million other Trump things to have problems with. Take the L with some dignity.

Requested a lock. I don't want to see this thread devolve into a big argument about if the "he was only joking" defense is valid.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Don't be naive. He was impeached for this very behavior and it certainly wasn't a once and done occurrence. The details might be wrong, but there isn't a chance he came up with this scenario just to riff.

It's important to be precise and accurate with the assertions we make. Trump is 100% guilty of behavior like this on a daily basis but the clip in the OP is not evidence of that, and is deliberately taken out of context. It serves no strategic purpose when it's so easily debunked.

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
This is the same guy who called up Abe to nominate him for the Nobel Peace Prize. Who can really be sure?

OP
OP
DrForester

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
It's important to be precise and accurate with the assertions we make. Trump is 100% guilty of behavior like this on a daily basis but the clip in the OP is not evidence of that, and is deliberately taken out of context. It serves no strategic purpose when it's so easily debunked.

I see it as legitimizing his "i was only joking" backtracking he so often does. There is absolutely nothing in his history that suggests this shouldn't be taken at face value.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I see it as legitimizing his "i was only joking" backtracking he so often does. There is absolutely nothing in his history that suggests this shouldn't be taken at face value.

Your replies to the people in this thread make it clear that you don't understand the criticism you're receiving so I'm not even going to bother.

Oct 25, 2017
even making this as a joke would lose a president an election a couple elections ago
america's standards are rock bottom now, total trash government for a currently trash country

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Somebody find out how many times Exxon executives have stayed at a Trump property and how much money they've spent there.

I'll guess that it isn't zero.

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017
Considering his entire campaign against Biden is taking clips of Biden saying phrases out of context and using them to scare Fox News viewers, I am 100% fine about this going viral without the context.

aliengmr

Oct 26, 2017
Trump could always not vomit nonsense and lies constantly.

The larger indictment is if he did admit this it would be 100%, unquestionably, on brand.

Yes, I'm totally blaming the "victim" who happens to be a lying corrupt fascist asshole whose words matter, unfortunately.

Also, in context, he seems to not know that calling up a ceo of a major corporation asking for $25 mill in exchange for favors is iilegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.