• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Saw this in the Switch sales thread

ekd_dgkxgaicpxagoj8n.jpeg

I know there's even worse out there. Show me

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You can't really blame youtubers for doing this, they are basically forced to if they care about their numbers/engagements.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
You can't really blame youtubers for doing this, they are basically forced to if they care about their numbers/engagements.

I seriously doubt that video contains anything related to the thumbnail. At least when most do it the actual video is pretty good and isn't just a bait an switch.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda Funny reaction thumbnails, though they have gotten better, with Andy and Blessings usually actually looking like real human reactions to something.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Someone made a thread on this video explaining SSD, and pretty much every comment was about the thumbnail

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
That disgusting-looking bastard that everyone hates and always has thumbnails holding "a real copy of GTA VI". Don't remember his name so I can't really show one of them, but don't really want to remember him either lmao.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Like, 98% of them nowdays are such annoying trash. I hate it. But I suppose that goes for everything on youtube.

Oct 27, 2017
[Why sjws are RUINING every videogame with identity politics]
Picture of a white neckbeard dudebro smirking at the camera
Background has photoshops of the 2 memes he found while googling "blue hair feminist"

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
At least guys like Markiplier are in on the joke, and just re-use the same face for every thumbnail.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

It's just fucking sad how far down the alt-tight hole Angry Joe has fallen over the last few years.

I mean, his content wasn't exactly nuanced beforehand, but he was usually good at calling out shitty industry practices if nothing else. But then his anti-SJW/feminist shit just began creeping up for seemingly zero reason.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
The trillion thumbnails of Pewdiepie and other youtubers pretending to throwup at that certain TLOU2 scene.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My favorites are the ones that Desbug does. He used to do Mario Maker 2 thumbails with MCU quotes but ended up degrading into close up of character faces and motion blur. low effort but still better than most.

This one. I've got a pretty irrational hate for all of esam's thumbnails
I straight up unsubbed because of them.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Spoilers in thumbnails with a game that just came out.

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
God I hate these.
It's almost as if making a face like an idiot is compulsory.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
This thread mainly seems like a confessional of the awful youtube content ya'll must be watching that makes the YouTube algorithm surface this stuff for you. I only see these kind of things when they get embedded into era threads like this

Status
Not open for further replies.