• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

H2Yo

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
So we're all entitled to our opinions and we often see people make mistakes on the internet (some mistakes are genuine, some mistakes not so much) get destroyed with hatred.

My question is, could your past survive the scrutiny of the Resetera userbase?

It really made me think after watching the latest John Oliver on whether the most vocal out there could walk the walk.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My only question is whether or not I'd be tarred and feathered before I was ridden out on a rail.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I don't see why not? I don't see how there's a lot of "scrutiny" here. Be a good person, don't be a dick, and if you do something dumb apologize, own it, and learn from it. It's not that difficult or some crazy high standard that is impossible to achieve, that's like base-level decency right? Or is there some other thing you're talking about? It's hard to answer without some specific parameters.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Nope.

Voted Republican and Libertarian in the past. Supported war crimes in the past. Had a negative attitude towards feminism.

My past prevents me from ever considering any public service!

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Neji was right and Madara, Killmonger, and Thanos did nothing wrong.

Judge me.

jontin

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Sure. And by the time anyone learned I cheated, it would be too late.

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
I would had to have lived some kind of a life to have done anything shitty in it

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A physical manifestation of Era would be Robot Santa from Futurama. I don't even think current me would hold up that well

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Nnnnnnope!

In the words of Toni Morrison, I regret everything. I'm working on being a better person but that past was... not great.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Neji was right and Madara, Killmonger, and Thanos did nothing wrong.
giphyr2jvg.gif

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see why not? I don't see how there's a lot of "scrutiny" here. Be a good person, don't be a dick, and if you do something dumb apologize, own it, and learn from it. It's not that difficult or some crazy high standard that is impossible to achieve, that's like base-level decency right? Or is there some other thing you're talking about? It's hard to answer without some specific parameters.
Have you don't shit and/or said shit? Then you fail.

I fail.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I get a feeling no, but I've only been here for ~6 months so isn't like there's a lot of history to look at either so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Have you don't shit and/or said shit? Then you fail.

I fail.
You only fail if you double down on that shit or try to defend your behaviour even after people try to explain why you're wrong or why your stance is/was harmful. If you acknowledge being a shitgibbon and have showcased being better, you aren't going to be ostracized forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.