• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which would you prefer?

• Three PlayStation 5 Consoles

Votes: 36 34.6%
  • Immediate access to the COVID-19 vaccine

Votes: 68 65.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
A few rules -

- The COVID-19 vaccine is nontransferrable. A doctor will come to your house today, give you the injection - and return in two weeks for the second dose.

- The PS5s are transferrable. Sell them, gift them, use them - it's up to you. All three are the Disc edition.

- If you choose the PS5s, you still get the vaccine at the same time you'd get it otherwise. Same place in line.

- You are the only person being made this offer. The supply/demand on vaccines and PS5s will not be significantly altered by your choice.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd give my PS5 away right now to get a fucking vaccine, what the fuck is happening.

Hell I'd give it away to get my mother or grandmother vaccinated tomorrow, forget myself. I've lost enough.

What the hell is this.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've literally spent 10 months in my apartment. I leave it maybe 2-3 times a week to pick up food and take a walk. But that's it.

Yeah, I'll take that Vaccine, are you crazy?

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
I regularly work from home, 2020 has basically taught me that I've already been quarantined for 5 years.

I'd flip those PS5s and still get the shots at the same time I would have anyway.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Video games vs. Stopping a global pandemic

8DxmZY6.gif

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
PS5s.

There is little practical use of a vaccine for me, personally, at this moment. Still working from home and isolating and doing my part.

I'd wipe every PS5 off the earth for vaccines for everyone, though.

coldzone24

Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland, OH
None of the restrictions will change if I get a vaccine right away and having a PS5 would make staying indoors for a few more months much more bearable. Plus I could sell the other two for a quick buck.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Assuming this question just pertains to me and nobody else, then yeah I'll take the PS5's and sell them to make some money. Me being the only person vaccinated isn't going to do anything. Especially when I'm just stuck in the apartment.

Oct 25, 2017
I picked vaccines at first but then it's not like I'd be going out in public and living life as before so the ps5 are tempting since I'm non essential

OP
OP
Meg Cherry

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Video games vs. Stopping a global pandemic

8DxmZY6.gif
One person getting the vaccine doesn't immediately solve the problem, though. You're mostly just suring up your own personal health. But it isn't like the lockdown order will suddenly be lifted for you and you alone because you got the shot.

Considering wide access to vaccine could come as early as March, you may just be taking a three month jump ahead in line.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Three PS5s, probably. Reason why is because on an immediate basis, the vaccine won't let me do anything. I can at least be confident that I don't catch/spread COVID.

But the 3 PS5s can be sold for minimum $1500, if I decide not to be an ass about the price. That's useful as long as I remain careful and relatively isolated.

And I'll still get the vaccine no matter what. So it's basically - $1500 and vaccine or vaccine and no extra money.

Sylvestre

Banned
Mar 20, 2020
very surprised at the polling answer so far, is resetera full of old and obese people ?
3 PS5 could grant me a nice nest for a few months
covid vaccine is useless if you are the only one getting it, unless people here are affraid to die, wich would be surprising given it doesnt really kill people under 60
I dont get the demo of the people here wtf.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely the vaccine. I don't even need a PS5 until games start coming out that actually matter.

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
3 ps5s, the amount i'd get from selling the 2 I don't need is enough for me to get by for a few years. (that's 10,000 reais!!!)
And i'd be getting my vaccine as soon as I could anyway.

plain

Oct 27, 2017
PS5.

Vaccines are limited, give them to the high risk health care workers instead.

splash wave

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Taking the vaccine would protect you from the virus, but it wouldn't actually mean you can freely leave your house and go back to normal. I don't think the PS5 answers are crazy at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.