• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
Okay so we've got X019 approaching fast. What do you expect to see? I'm personally hoping for the following:
Batman Arkham Legacy reveal
Dead Space Trilogy remaster
Kingdom Hearts 3 Re:Mind release date
Gears 5 update and story expansion reveal
Age of Empires coming to Xbox One
Bleeding Edge story mode reveal
The Coalition game teaser
Info on Scarlett reveal next year (maybe event announcement?)
Halo Infinite gameplay and Halo Reach PC and Xbox One shadow drop
360 and OG Xbox games now compatible with PC
Asobo Studio acquirement
Cyberpunk 2077 new trailer
Project Resistance new gameplay
Minecraft Dungeons gameplay
News that more backwards compatible games will be coming in the future after Scarlett has settled down in the market
Gamepass goodness
New indie goodness
New enhanced games goodness

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm personally hoping for the following:
Batman Arkham Legacy reveal
Dead Space Trilogy remaster
Kingdom Hearts 3 Re:Mind release date

Gears 5 update and story expansion reveal
Age of Empires coming to Xbox One
Bleeding Edge story mode reveal
The Coalition game teaser
Info on Scarlett reveal next year (maybe event announcement?)
Halo Infinite gameplay and Halo Reach PC and Xbox One shadow drop
360 and OG Xbox games now compatible with PC
Asobo Studio acquirement
Cyberpunk 2077 new trailer
Project Resistance new gameplay
Minecraft Dungeons gameplay
News that more backwards compatible games will be coming in the future after Scarlett has settled down in the market
Gamepass goodness
New indie goodness
New enhanced games goodness
the colored ones sound more like the game awards announcements.

Check it out

Oct 25, 2017
A new Banjo Kazooie title in some form.

I will continue to predict this until Rare finally gives the bear and bird it's proper due or allows someone else to go for it.

Metal Slugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
St. Cloud, MN
Predictions:
Phil will come out in a graphic t-shirt of a video game. He will reiterate how Xbox is for gamers and that Xbox is committed to making games first.

A bunch of multiplat footage/announcements will happen.

Halo
Forza
Gears

An indie game montage with one or two "console exclusives"

One new "console exclusive" AAA game that will also be on PC and *SPOILER* either get cancelled eventually or get dumped onto Game Pass because it sucks.

So, you know, the exact same shit they've been shoveling for this entire gen.

Hopes:
Nothing. The current Xbox team has killed any chance of hoping that they'll release something meaningful in software and will continue to peddle upgraded hardware for multiplats.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Predictions:
Phil will come out in a graphic t-shirt of a video game. He will reiterate how Xbox is for gamers and that Xbox is committed to making games first.

Halo
Forza
Gears

One new "console exclusive" AAA game that will also be on PC and *SPOILER* either get cancelled eventually or get dumped onto Game Pass because it sucks.

Hopes:
Nothing. The current Xbox team has killed any chance of hoping that they'll release something meaningful in software and will continue to peddle upgraded hardware for multiplats.

Tell us how you really feel. :P

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Predictions:

Halo
Forza
Gears

Hopes:
Oh man, if we really get Halo, Forza and Gears tactics footage this X0, my expectations will be blown out of the water.

Btw, what does "dumped unto gamepass" mean?

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
Well, that's obviously not going to happen.

Why not? I'm sure I read somewhere that Phil Spencer eventually would like it if Windows could run the OG Xbox and 360 emulators that the Xbox One currently does. OK, it has some special bits of silicon built in to help but a PC could presumably brute force it via superior CPU and GPUs.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Halo Infinite gameplay and it looks good.

Should be light on new game announcements. The big guns are waiting for the Game Awards.

2PiR

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Need my Halo Infinite fix. Don't care about anything else tbh

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
XCloud, Halo Reach
Playground Games tease?
Studio acquisition(s)

Hoping for Halo Infinite gameplay.

danrbg

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
Predictions:

Halo
Forza
Gears

Hopes:
This is more a prediction of what you are going to say, whatever MS do.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm at the point where I'm actually pretty confident that Halo Infinite is going to be one of the best games released next year so I just need to see it

Oct 24, 2019
I'm expecting a ton of fluff and garbage.

What I'm hoping for is Elden Ring gameplay reveal, Arkham Legacy reveal, and new Bioshock teaser

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I shouldn't expect anything but I'm gonna watch it anyway and inevitably be disappointed that they didn't show anything

JeffG

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Why not? I'm sure I read somewhere that Phil Spencer eventually would like it if Windows could run the OG Xbox and 360 emulators that the Xbox One currently does. OK, it has some special bits of silicon built in to help but a PC could presumably brute force it via superior CPU and GPUs.
There is a difference between creating something for a closed system verses the wide open differences in the PC community.

and where is the financial return?

Creating it Xbox One's helps sells Xbox Ones

Doing for PC gets them money how? A small increase in cheap 360 game sales?

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if we'd see much Halo. The monthly blog update for MCC was posted super recently, so I doubt there would be more to say, much less a release. And I have no clue when we'll see more of Infinite, probably next E3 along with Scorpio news.

I want to see a new Phantom Dust thing. As well as them making bespoke PC ports for older games that aren't Halo.
There is a difference between creating something for a closed system verses the wide open differences in the PC community.

Sega and Capcom's 7th gen ports have consistently made top-selling on Steam when they come out. Valkyria Chronicles, Dragon's Dogma, Vanquish, Dead Rising... there's a market for old games people never got to experience.

Zeneric

Banned
Aug 29, 2019

Game Pass.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
They've actually got a lot of studios making a lot of games releasing in the next year, so there should be plenty to show.

Age of Empires 4
Age of Empires III DE
Gears Tactics
Halo Infinite
Microsoft Flight Simulator
Minecraft Dungeons
Bleeding Edge
Wasteland 3
Psychonauts 2
Battletoads
Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Just giving us new gameplay from each of these (or gameplay reveals in some cases) would make for an exciting conference, IMO. Hard to come up with a more diverse lineup: RTS, Strategy, FPS, Flight Sim, Brawler, cRPG, Platformers, and whatever Battletoads and MC Dungeons qualify as.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
I expect nothing and will still get disappointed.

I would LOVE halo infinite gameplay and at least one surprise announcement/trailer but, I'm not holding my breath

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing major until scarlette is officially unveiled. That goes for pretty much a lot of the AAA games industry til they actually reveal the new boxes

DRPSquirtle64

May 30, 2019
At least one surprise as usual. But knowing MS they will probably leak all the stuff by themselves in Twitter a few days prior the event. I doubt I will be able to watch it though so, not a big deal for me if the show ends up being boring. I'm looking more for Scarlett reveal event right now than XO19. I hope they will have such dedicated event.

Ellite25

Oct 30, 2017
They said they're going to have details about the Xbox One X Black Friday sales so I am looking forward to that haha

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing anything new about AoE4 or Psychonauts 2 would make me happy

Status
Not open for further replies.