• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am trying to do this atm and it doesn't appear to be working.

Situation:
1) used Xbox one while connected and it patched a disc based game
2) disconnected Xbox one from the internet
3) hit Uninstall all on the game's page
4) restarted Xbox one
5) put the disc back in while still offline
6) game installed

but my old save which was generated by a newer version seems to have worked still, so presumably that means the patch has been applied? Also, on the game's page, it says "last update March 23 2019" but I haven't reconnected the console to the internet. Is there some kind of patch cache on XB1 that I need to clear?

Thanks!

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Delete all the data and reinstall game from disc without being connected to internet.

Deleted member 27451

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Sorry for hijacking your thread op, i was wondering is it possible to play halo 5 without 50gb update patch, i just want to play singleplayer campaign and downloading 50gb will take a week.

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for hijacking your thread op, i was wondering is it possible to play halo 5 without 50gb update patch, i just want to play singleplayer campaign and downloading 50gb will take a week.

Unfortunately from what I know any xbox one game requires the latest patch to play the game, even with singleplayer mode. Unless its either a fully offline game or can be played after a certain amount is downloaded.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Forget it. Digital is the only way to have an human access to the games on the Xbox hardware. I suggest to stay away to physical software in this console. My personal experience. And probably in the future I wouldn't be shocked if the will abandon it completely looking their attitude on the Xbone.

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
What game is it and what version number do you have installed?
You can see the version number when you go to Manage Game & Add-Ons.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Forget it. Digital is the only way to have an human access to the games on the Xbox hardware. I suggest to stay away to physical software in this console. My personal experience. And probably in the future I wouldn't be shocked if the will abandon it completely looking their attitude on the Xbone.
What does that even mean? Please explain.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
OP the game isn't patched, last updated just means the last time something installed for the game. Installing the game itself counts as a recent update.

Install the disc with the Xbox not connected to any online connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.