• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 14, 2017
Only in "Xboxland" (Xbox Two podcast, some Twitter folks) have I heard of this rumor of a Series V. XB2 says it's not real, but what's the source of this "extra-super-secret" console version?

I'm more Xbox friendly going into this gen, and I don't believe it. It sounds like the "extra chip in the power brick" from last gen.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I saw this too the other day. I think Series V is the fan nickname for Edinburgh, which is supposed to be a modified version of Series X meant to act as a server blade for Xcloud, so nothing intended for the public.

Adrifi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 5, 2019
the Spanish Basque Country
Only in "Xboxland" (Xbox Two podcast, some Twitter folks) have I heard of this rumor of a Series V. XB2 says it's not real, but what's the source of this "extra-super-secret" console version?

I'm more Xbox friendly going into this gen, and I don't believe it. It sounds like the "extra chip in the power brick" from last gen.
Jez Corden has already said it's fake, he thinks it something related to the hardware xCloud is gonna use.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
We have closed this thread, like we have previous threads on this topic. Please provide a valid source that isn't an angled fake screenshot or an Xbox fan podcast and we can then discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.