• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yan

Oct 29, 2017
Yes, we've seen Halo but the game got delayed because it was so bad. Besides that, we have seen nothing? No gameplay from any first party studio or am I forgetting something?
Yes, there's a global pandemic going on, so that probably is part of the reason but Sony has shown several games with gameplay including 3 launchgames.

Has this ever happened before in video game history?

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
Outside of Gears Tactics and Halo, I'm pretty sure there just isn't much on the horizon for them. There are games coming but they're much further, I expect E3 (or whatever they do during that time frame) is when we will get meatier looks.

They're not really selling Series X on the brand new first party exclusives right now. It's game pass, system power, and more things along those lines

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
3DS in Japan.

But seriously first party can wait, I'm buying the system for gamepass value and multiplatform games.

Cornetto

Oct 26, 2017
That's not true: we've seen gears tactics running on the console as well as the optimized version of Gears 5. It's a weak launch line up first party wise but we've definitely seen first party game running on the console.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Are there even any new first party games coming at launch? Don't think there are.

Oh yeah, Gears Tactics.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
What do you want to see? They have no new titles 1st party titles at launch and we already saw Gears Tactis.

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They have no new first party games coming out at launch lol

Bizarre launch for xbox.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean what first party games do you want them to show? There is barely anything for it at launch.

Third parties are the reason you get an Xbox Series X at this point. If you want exclusives then either wait for them and buy it or get a PS5.

meenseen84

Feb 15, 2018
Minneapolis
They've shown Gears 5 and Gears Tactics. Why is it relevant if it's first party? So their launch doesn't coincide with a day one release. I expect to have the Series X long enough to see a bunch of first party games.

Seems like concern trolling

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, its a really bizarre launch for Xbox. But then again they've firmly established that they are really pushing a services/value angle over a very traditional console generation.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
I personally hope we see a next gen ff7 port trailer soon? Isn't the exclusive period over in April?

JoJoBae

Oct 25, 2017
Layton, UT
OP Is on to something here.

You guys I think this is Don Mattrick's revenge. He's mad that his vision for Xbox was sullied and he was ousted so he utilized his dark executive magicks to ensure that Microsoft couldn't release a new game for the Series X/S. We're just gonna get Series X patches for all of their old games, until at last, we will arrive at Microsoft Studios Japan's magnum opus: Magatama. Then the gates of hell open.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
Can we all just talk about how much the quality of life improvements will improve games

I'm excited to not get burned out by ff15 , gears loading screens tbh

SRV

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
Halo was so bad? Yeesh, right it certainly didn't look next-gen but to say it was so bad. Nuh fam.

Gameplay trailer they released after the showcase was hype af.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Oh good another "concerned of Era" post.

Its extremely unusual for a console to release without first party support. Yes, Halo got delayed, but was that the only FP game they even planned in for launch? Really?

Given the fact that their Achilles heal this gen has been first party support, and that they haven't exactly got a bunch coming any time soon, I think potential buyers should be asking questions.

There's a tonne of concern posts around atm, but let's not pretend this isn't an issue.

OP
OP
Yan

Yan

Oct 29, 2017
People really can't discuss this in a serious matter?
This is not a fake "concerened" or "xbox is doomed" thread like some posters say.
Isn't this the first time in video game history and isn't this interesting?
Not just talking launch but games releasing further out.
Is it a managment issue on top of the Covid situation?

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Its extremely unusual for a console to release without first party support. Yes, Halo got delayed, but was that the only FP game they even planned in for launch? Really?

Given the fact that their Achilles heal this gen has been first party support, and that they haven't exactly got a bunch coming any time soon, I think potential buyers should be asking questions.

There's a tonne of concern posts around atm, but let's not pretend this isn't an issue.
Gears Tactics

Also free updates for Gears 5, FH4 and SoT with a big update for MCC following a week after.

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I know. I dont consider that game to be a first party title for Sony. It's not a slight I'm using, against Gears Tactics, I just dont think a game is a first party title if it's not developed by an internal studio.

That's fair enough but the OPs point - what other games would they want to see gameplay of? Weve seen all the third party stuff, weve seen optimised games from last gen (with improvements!) and weve seen gears Tactics. What imaginary games do they want to see footage of?

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Hard to show first party when they don't have much at launch.

Which is a bit weird, but it is what it is. I think people buying the SX know this, so it's not a big deal for them.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017

The "issue" has been discussed for decades here....least the hours add up to that.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
This is not a fake "concerened" or "xbox is doomed" thread like some posters say.
The teams just arent ready yet. Games take a long ass time to make and the recently acquired studios just arent where they need to be to show off gameplay.

I'm surprised that the Xbox publishing team doesnt have anything for launch aside from Gears Tactics.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP

This has been discussed to death and there's nothing really to talk about. MS has different priorities/push and it seems to be working out for them.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
Halo was so bad? Yeesh, right it certainly didn't look next-gen but to say it was so bad. Nuh fam.

Gameplay trailer they released after the showcase was hype af.
No the reactosphere said it was n64 like trash graphics. So sayeth zombaekills so sayeth the prophets of kreg the brute

Also I'm being flippantly sarcastic but my energies for these styles of threads are wearing thin lol

jem

Oct 25, 2017
It's concern trolling because you clearly haven't put even a second of effort into looking into whether or not what you claim is true.

We had Gears 5 gameplay running on the Series X in March.

Status
Not open for further replies.