• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
It could have some potential, isn't ?

Obsidian - Kotor 3
Zenimax Online Media - An ambitious Star Wars MMO.
Id Software - Star Wars Battlefront
Arkane Studios - First or Third Person Action/adventure Jedi focused Star Wars (With deep sandbox gameplay)
Playground Games - Star Wars Racers
The coalition Studio - Uncharted Like Star Wars (Like Amy Henning project)

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Sure, but why arbitrarily limit it? Why not allow any interested and talented third party approach Disney and propose a Star Wars game that could be good?

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Certainly would have enough developers and teams at different studios to take on several star wars projects, while still doing releasing new IP and old franchises.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Sure, but why arbitrarily limit it? Why not allow any interested and talented third party approach Disney and propose a Star Wars game that could be good?
I would like different publishers to have Star Wars license, but it seems Disney is interested in going with one publisher.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, that's what gaming needs, even more massive IPs locked to only one platform.

Like if a specific Xbox studio wants to make a Star Wars game that's totally cool, but Star Wars as a franchise should not be IP-locked to Xbox or Playstation or anywhere.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
Jedi Fallen Order was amazing and Battlefront 2 is fixed and with lots of content. i feel that Bioware will be getting their hands on kotor soon be it a remake or a new game.

must not feel like it but Star Wars is in good hands, no need to lock them to one of the 3 plataforms.

Every games studio would benefit by joining the Xbox family.

this is amazing lol

mattyhochs

May 9, 2018
I'm very curious to see who picks up the Star Wars license after EA is done. It clearly was too much for them.

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus fuck, no. Multimedia IPs like Star Wars shouldn't be exclusive to MS or Sony or Nintendo or whatever. It's bad enough that EA has the exclusive rights to make SW games. Let everyone license the IP if their pitch is good enough.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
No way would they let the SW license be exclusive, lol.
And tbh, there's plenty studios out there that could do a great job.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I'd be down for that, especially if Disney added a stipulation to the license agreement that MS had to release the games on Playstation (kinda like MLB did for The Show). EA's star wars output has been pretty mediocre so I wouldn't mind seeing someone else get a shot at it.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
I'm very curious to see who picks up the Star Wars license after EA is done. It clearly was too much for them.

don't know the deal but Jedi Fallen Order 2 is already in deep dev and all the games were widley successful.

i do agree that EA should not have exclusive rights and Disney should do a studio by studio license.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's fair to say they missed the Asgard built spaceboat on that one.

The franchise has been basically dead for like, a decade at this point.
:(

Imagine a squad-based RPG with base building set in the Stargate universe! Multiple worlds to visit, recruitable characters (tau'ri, jaffa, tollan, lucien alliance, etc), good/evil paths. Maybe you could even become a secret goa'ould and eventually infiltrate the SGC? The IP is perfect for it.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Please do not create reaction threads. Feel free to discuss this in other open topics

Status
Not open for further replies.