• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mezati99

Banned
Feb 6, 2019
Planet Earth
counting DLCs, it's the absolute full package,it has the best hub world, best girl, best PVP, and it looks really good on ultra settings

m3fGmgx.jpg

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
How many times do we have to say to every thread like this popping up. The answer is no, never, nadda :)

The game's gameplay is too clunky to be fun for a lot of people and some of its art looks worse than even Dark Souls 1 plus a lot of people preferred the level design of dark souls 1 and the bosses as well. Dark Souls 2 lets down on a lot of levels.

Its a pretty good game for what it is but as a souls game its not good at all. Iam saying this as someone who's played this for hundreds of hours and even done and recorded a no-death run.

Deleted member 17952

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only thing you got right is best PVP, and that doesn't matter one bit when the PVE is garbage, which is one of the most important aspect of a Souls game.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I played Scholar of the First Sin directly after playing DS1 to NG+8 and I absolutely disagree. It has some great moments and locales, but the overall gameplay feel is so much worse than either 1 or 3.

1>3>>>>>SotFS

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Worst combat/gameplay, worst encounter design, worst bosses, worst atmosphere/world design. Nah. Not even close to being the best Souls game.

Glass Arrows

Jan 10, 2019
Nah dawg, i have no issue with you or anyone else finding it the best but we ain't seeing eye to eye on that shit when DS2 was one of my biggest disappointments with any sequel I've played.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I am MID-WAY through Dark Souls 2.

Eh..... not sure about that. Those hitboxes are something else.

Glass Arrows

Jan 10, 2019
One thing I will give you is that Majula IS a nice hub world. I'm not sure if I would say it's the best but it does have a pretty nice atmosphere.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I always see this topic pertaining to Dark Souls 2 pop up time and time again. Like those who enjoy it the most just have to try and convince everyone to agree with em. Its ok to enjoy things that aren't as popular.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely not. The only thing is does particularly well is the magic, fashion souls, and arguably PvP. The DLCs are strong, but not enough to make up for the rest of the game.

Last edited:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
It's a very, very, very mediocre game imo. It is the weakest Souls at pretty much every single aspect.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
in a world before BB and DS3* it was pretty great, like an 8/10 game at the very worst. not sure i could ever be arsed to return to it now though (tried with SOTFS and while i liked the improvements, close but no cigar)

*actually did kind of enjoy it more than DS3 in some ways, wasn't particularly a fan of the "DS Remix" approach. but ultimately DS3 edges it out

Gots

Feb 20, 2019
Canada
No matter how many times this topic is made, it won't be true. I actually love 2 but it's the worst Souls game

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's my favorite for several reasons but I don't think it's the best Souls game in the series. At first I hated it. But now it's cemented as my number one

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
Hell no.

Pick something, anything, the other games do it better.

Yes even PVP as the animations are significantly lower grade and the weight of the combat is nonexistent.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The next in this series of threads: "BOTW? You're all crazy, Zelda:The wand of gamelon is the best Zelda game!"

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
I like 2 a lot more than most but yeah, it's the worst in the series. I think it has really cool ideas with its lore and the stranger more ethereal feel of its landscape works really well for me, but it's the least fun game in the series to actually play.

Dhoom

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
yeah dawg its about on par with bloodborne and demons souls as the least interesting souls games

Status
Not open for further replies.