• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
I contacted a seller about a motorcycle they had for sale. It's a 2012 Kawasaki 250R for $1000. Pretty cheap, but not alarmingly so. Texted the seller (local area code) and we moved to email. Seller claims she got the bike in a divorce and is trying to get rid of it. She says she moved to Minnesota after the divorce and the bike is at a shipping center. She's asking for my name, shipping address, and phone to start an Ebay transaction, after which the bike will ship and I'll have 5 days to inspect it before I pay.

On its face, this is a pretty ideal situation, since I won't have to worry about arranging a time to test the bike, process the title and insurance, and then arranging a time to pick it up. But I've never had a vehicle shipped online, Ebay or otherwise. I don't even know what to look for in a scam.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fake. Craigslist seller who isn't actually in your area = scammer. Something will come up during "shipping" and you'll be asked to wire money as an advance or some other excuse.

Is it entirely through Craigslist or ebay?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Fake. A divorcee who wants a low maintenance sale doesn't sign up for multiple websites....and also sells that stuff for $5 just to piss off the ex....

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
BlindBlueHoiho-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.