• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Would you accept $100,000 if someone in your life vanishes forever?

• Yes

Votes: 24 11.9%
  • No

Votes: 178 88.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
A random person in your life vanishes forever. Could be a friend, relative, sibling, child, lover, or even an enemy. They'll vanish completely and will never come back.

Edit: Updating this to reflect/reword what happens: they vanish from your life but are otherwise fine. You are permitted zero contact with them if you accept the money. If you do encounter these people, they will have no recollection of who you are. Additionally, they too would receive $100k. This is no contact (not death) and the gamble is if you would be willing to accept the cash to interrupt a relationship you may or may not have with someone.

So, would you do it?

peace.gif

Last edited:

deadman322

Oct 29, 2017
nah cause $100,000 isn't that match if you live in a expensive area. like a couple of meals and a coffee and it's gone.

Oct 27, 2017
Of course not...how is this any different from "A random person you know is killed and their murder is never resolved"? What kind of psychos agree to this

No but... Zombine where the hell do your threads eben come from, man? I see you making the most random threads sometimes so I gotta know, where does this never ending abyss of randomness spawn from?
You and me both lol

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
No but... Zombine where the hell do your threads even come from, man? I see you making the most random threads sometimes so I gotta know, where does this never ending abyss of randomness spawn from?

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, no. Live my life as a possible murder suspect for 100K is a big no no. Let alone the fact that I technically would be responsible for someones death. No.

Nov 2, 2017
Hate to say this but 100,000 would be a life changing amount of money for me and I'm old enough that I'm used to people going away forever.

I didn't read the OP enough I guess. No I wouldn't do it if the person is effectively murdered.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You would have to have a severe lack of humanity (empathy especially) to accept this offer. That, or you're in a situation where there is absolutely nobody good in your life.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
$100K and possibly kill my wife or three kids?

No. That money would change my life, but zero chance.

Even if it was someone I didn't like. That's absurd.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
$100,000 isn't even that much money in the grand scheme of things. Why would people agree to this?

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
giphy-downsized-large.gif

this is among the worst topics I've seen here

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
I've worked in 3 different call centers so I know a ton of people.

Try me.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
No amount of money would make up for losing a loved one and knowing I was responsible. I guess the more interesting aspect to this question is how many of us would do it if they knew someone they didn't like or knew vanished instead. You gonna be a murderer?

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
These topics really need to be better framed for different peoples' situations.

"You're given the higher of [100x your yearly salary or the average salary of where you live] but there's one catch..."

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Consider yourself lucky that you don't hate anyone enough to risk it

"Could be a friend, relative, sibling, child, lover, or even an enemy"

Let me try and figure out if I can explain to my sister why she'll never see her son again, but hey if its any consolation I know have enough money to....buy a small condo in the midwest?"

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is literally would you murder someone for X amount of money what the fuck seriously

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"You okay with randomly murdering someone in your life for $100k?"

Fucking no? What sociopath says yes? Only scenario I can think of is if everyone you know is abusive or some shit.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Granted, no amount of money would be worth it to me, but 100k is insultingly low.

Status
Not open for further replies.