• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to put someone on ignore and ran into an error: "You may only ignore 1000 people."

Can I request increasing this limit? Thanks!

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
If you get to a point where you're ignoring 1000+ members of a community, are you sure that community is apt for you..?

jml

Mar 9, 2018
If I was on a forum where I felt the need to ignore 1000 people I would have left that forum a longass time ago

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
That's...a lot. I haven't hit the limit but I also can't see the need to ignore that many people.

hGSrZUl.png

GraphicViolets

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
best to go through and unignore the people who are banned. theres likely a good bit at this point

Patryn

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, if you need to ignore that many people, there's probably other sites that would be better uses of your time.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
If you get to a point where you're ignoring 1000+ members of a community, are you sure that community is apt for you..?
If I was on a forum where I felt the need to ignore 1000 people I would have left that forum a longass time ago
Yup. I find some people on here - I'll politely say not to my tastes - but I've never blocked anyone and certainly not 1000! Why would you bother if 1000 people on here bother you that much?!

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
You can stop ignoring me op. Then you can ignore whoever else it was. I'm sure i'm better than them.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was going to be some kind of thought experiment thread where we picked 1,000 people to ignore forever like that Black Mirror episode.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
I hope the thread ignore limit is not the same. I ignore way more threads than users (at least right now)

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I was getting worried that the limit was like 50 or something as I am at 20 people on my list, glad it's not that restrictive

a lot of people on my list are people who I ignored a thread and chose to also ignore the OP,in hopes that by doin this it means I would see less threads of that type (such as Jim Sterling threads), there are maybe 5 people I have on ignore for egregious bad posts

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Scroll through your ignore list and see who was banned for alt-accounts, etc, you can free up some slots. Try and get to 1000 active members!

Status
Not open for further replies.