• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm looking to make sure I didn't miss anything really good so far this year....

For me so far I've played the most of Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Mario Maker 2, and Bloodstained.

What other great games came out?

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
So far it's RE 2 Remake, Crash Team Remake, and Link's Awakening Remake is pretty much guaranteed to be on there even though I'm still waiting to play it.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Still plenty of year left and a bunch of releases I'm looking forward to, so this list will probably change.

So far its Apex Legends, Fire Emblem Three Houses, and Control.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Well all I've played in 2019 released games are FE:TH, Mario Maker 2, and FFVII (Switch). Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy were amazing, MM2 scratched my Mario itch well enough.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Outer Wilds, Judgment and RE2.

If you haven't gotten a chance to check out Outer Wilds, that's a must play. Some of the best exploration and discovery I've experienced in a game in a while.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
  1. Sekiro
  2. RE2 Remake
  3. DMC5
Borderlands 3 might knock one off. Need more time with it

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
1. Kingdom Hearts III
2. Borderlands 3
3. Sekiro

Shout out to Travis Strikes Again. Definitely the game that made me feel the most.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Sekiro
Fantastic action game. Makes you learn its systems and play it the intended way or you die. Great boss battles, enemy designs, and environments, and truly a joy to play when you've mastered it.

Astral Chain
Another great action game. Really creative mechanics with the dual character control and the combos you can do with it. Fantastic world and I loved exploring it, with a killer soundtrack.

Dragon Quest Builders 2
Cute little RPG with building mechanics. Very meaty with a lot more going on than the first game. Really enjoyed my time with it and completed every optional objective because it was just so satisfying.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
1. Sekiro
2. Gears 5
3. Resident Evil 2

Still yet to play or finish Control, DMC5, Days Gone, Shadowbringers and Iceborne.

Sieglinde

Feb 20, 2019
Fire Emblem Three Houses: Azure Moon
Fire Emblem Three Houses: Silver Snow
Fire Emblem Three Houses: Crimson Flower

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
So far I'd go with

1. Sekiro - Not the best FromSoftware game, but fucking awesome all the same.
2. Bloodstained - Really put into perspective just how much better the real deal is than all the progeny that followed (which are still good, but yeah).
3. RE2/DMC5/KH3/AC7 - I CAN'T DECIDE I LIKED ALL OF THESE A LOT.

... Probably 3 once I finish it: Ai: The Somnium Files - Been going through this absurdly slowly just because I've been having so much dumb fun with it. Every item description is a treasure.

BONUS: GAMES THAT WERE KIND OF DISAPPOINTMENTS

1. Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Beat 2.5 routes. It's good... But that's about as far as I'd go, just because it's really not what I want from Fire Emblem the more and more I think about it.
2. Left Alive - It wasn't good! It was really, really, reaaaally bad! BUT I STILL LOVE YOU FRONT MISSION, JUST COME BACK TO ME.
3. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 - Didn't scratch the itch I want from these in a gameplay sense.

Last edited:

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
1 Goose Game
2 Links Awakening
3 can't remember what else released this year that I played besides Cuphead, but I'm not sure that counts.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
1. Kingdom Hearts 3
2. Gears 5
3. DMC5

Edit: Forgot KH3 was this year. That bumps Control out of my top 3.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
1. Super Mario Maker 2
2. Resident Evil 2
-tier drop-
3. Yoshi's Crafted World

DMCV would surely be up here but I still need to play DMC4 first.

Ryouji Gunblade

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
California
Fire Emblem: Three Houses because somehow Koei Tecmo knows how to make a good FE game.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night because this is way better than I expected, but not quite as good as Curse of the Moon.

Final Fantasy VIII: Remastered because this game is timeless or something. Whatever.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Risk of Rain 2
DQ Builders 2
American Truck Sim - I can now go up and down the entire West Coast :D

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1. Gears 5 - Purely for multiplayer at the moment, haven't tried campaign yet
2. Sekiro - Hardest From Software game to me so far but one of the best too
3. Judgment - Just a damn good time

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Control
RE 2 Remake
DMC 5

Gears 5
Kingdom Hearts 3
Astral Chain
Link's Awakening
Sekiro
Slay the Spire

Year was pretty good over all. Not the best, but with the upcoming insane year this is just the lul before the storm.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not much in terms of games that have been released in 2019.

Like Gears 5, Mario Maker 2 and MK11 I guess

But in general for first time experiences?

1. Hellblade
2. Intelligent Qube
3. Slay the Spire

Status
Not open for further replies.