• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
The Emperor's New Groove
The Lion King
Beauty and the Beast

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
1. Sleeping Beauty

2. Tangled

3. Alice in Wonderland

Sleeping Beauty is my favorite film of all time. Just a staggering piece of art that may never be equaled in animation.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Mulan
the Lion King
Lilo & Stitch

HMs: Emperor's New Groove, Aladdin, Fantasia, Sword in the Stone

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
In no order (and had to make it 4 because I couldn't chose...)
-The Fox and the Hound
-The Lion King
-Aladdin
-The Rescuers Down Under

Yesterday

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pinocchio
Dumbo
Jungle Book

were all my childhood favorites. Alice in Wonderland is up there too

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Lion King
Beauty and the Beast

#3 would vary depending on my mood. I'd say Tanlged right now.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Emperor's New Groove
Kronk's New Groove
Cinderella III: A Twist in Time

I'd say a Phineas and Ferb movie, but thinking about it the series is better.

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
Tangled
Big Hero 6
The Lion King

Honorable mention to Frozen 1 & 2 and Moana.

I know BH6 isn't liked much, but it hit at the right time for me in life (same with Inside Out), which brought me up out of a funk. Shout-outs to that film.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
Lion King and Aladdin are my definitive top two, I saw those so many times I can play the whole movie in my head for both.

Not sure my third. It could change based on my mood. I'll just say Hercules for now.

Kinketsu

Nov 17, 2017
Jungle Book
Aladdin
The Lion King

I was huge fan of The Jungle Book growing up, loved Baloo and knew all the words to the whole movie. I was over the moon when my primary school did Jungle Book as the school "play" and I got to be Baloo, maybe partly because I already knew all my lines!

Aladdin and Lion King were just both really impressive to watch at the time. They have some of the best songs and visual design. The plots, although some may not like the more "blockbuster" type pacing, at least never really drag. If I was asked to pick two other Disney movies to watch, it would be those.

That being said, having loved Jungle Book so much as a kid wearing the tape out and having a child of my own and ending up watching the other two so much, I could go without seeing any of them again for a while!

Oct 25, 2017
1: Sleeping Beauty
2: Fantasia
3: 101 Dalmatians

There's nothing else in Disney's movie library that looks like Sleeping Beauty. The whole movie looks like a tapestry (on purpose), which give the movie it's unique look. On top of that, the music score is a combination of classical repertoire, and some original work. It's nice to keep the vocal tracks to a minimum for once...it's still a musical (like many Disney movies), but not in the same way as it's contemporaries. Finally, it adds characterization: It gives the royalty a measure of characterization and agency (not inviting the one fairy was a deliberate choice rather than an oversight). It reduces the number of good fairies down to three from twelve (thus allowing to develop personalities for them). And it greatly expands upon the "evil" fairy.

Fantasia is just a wonderful experiment in animation and music, and I love it for that. I wish there had been more Fantasia sequels, and I wish Fantasia 2000 had been a bit better.

I honestly don't know why I like 101 Dalmatians so much. It's just comfort food for me. I've rewatched it a ton of times.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Tangled
Aladdin
Emperor's New Groove
Lilo and Stitch

Can't decide between the last two for the third

Status
Not open for further replies.