• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
A youth football coach in Georgia who was caught on camera striking a member of the U-9 team is facing criminal charges.

Video of the incident, which occurred Monday at the 2020 American Youth Football National Championships in Kissimmee, Florida, shows Savannah Gators coach Gerrell Williams slapping the child in the helmet. After yelling at his player, Williams struck him a second time with enough force that the child lost his balance and fell to the ground.

According to the incident report, the child's mother declined to press charges against Williams.

"The Osceola County Sheriff's Office along with our local state attorney's office have reviewed this case and the decision has been made that charges for child abuse will be filed, regardless of parent's decision not to press charges," Maj. Jacob Ruiz said in a statement Friday. "The actions of this person are despicable and there is zero tolerance when it comes to the abuse of a child."

Williams was banned from the league following the incident and fired from his job as a counselor in the Chatham County Sheriff's Office's detention center.

www.espn.com

Youth coach facing charges after striking player

According to the incident report, the child's mother declined to press charges against Gerrell Williams, but the Osceola County Sheriff's Office went ahead with them. "There is zero tolerance when it comes to the abuse of a child," it said.

Fuck this piece of shit into infinity. I can't believe any same person would take pee wee football so seriously that they would actually abuse a child over it.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Yeah I didn't understand that either. What kind of parent doesn't press charges in a situation like this?

Someone explained in my topic that was locked

www.resetera.com

Under-nines football coach gets life ban for assaulting child during game News

A youth football coach has been banned for life after he hit a player during a game, sending the child to the ground. The coach, identified as Gerrel Williams by Yahoo Sports, was filmed striking one of his players twice at halftime of the game on Monday at the American Youth Football National...

Why would the mother not press charges?!
I think if your kid is playing in the Youth National Championship you're thinking he has a future in football, at least up to the college level and hey maybe even the pros!

If you're already planning that far ahead of your kids life to be based around football, I don't think you want to 'rock the boat' and worry your son won't be allowed to join teenage travel/development teams because the program thinks you will sue them or get them in trouble for justified reasons

Yeah it sucks, but it's likely about picking their battles

OP
OP
Coyote Starrk

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

www.resetera.com

A youth football coach has been banned for life after he hit a player during a game, sending the child to the ground. The coach, identified as Gerrel Williams by Yahoo Sports, was filmed striking one of his players twice at halftime of the game on Monday at the American Youth Football National...
Oh I had no idea there was a thread about it or that it was locked.

Does this one need to be closed?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Good, he that baby like he was a grown ass man.

www.resetera.com

New news

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
CPS should at least have a conversation with the mom to see what her thought process is and why she's ok with her son being beaten.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
He doesn't regret what he did. He regrets that he did it where it could be recorded. Get fucked for life, asshole.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Anyone who might see this post and think "Maybe he just lightly hit him on the side of the helmet or something" needs to watch the video. He has like full arm extension and hits this kid full force, twice.