• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gjallarsean

Oct 10, 2018
I don't even know why this is a story. Like, this is what happens literally anytime a company is acquired like this.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I do enjoy watching obscenely rich people lose their jobs, those guys will likely find it a lot easier to get a new job than most of us ever will.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Honestly I didn't think this would be a worthy news story, but then I read who was on the board.

Members included Pirates of the Caribbean producer Jerry Bruckheimer, former ZeniMax president Ernest Del, former MGM CEO Harry Sloan, former CBS CEO Leslie Moonves, former MLB "iron man" Cal Ripken Jr., and private equity executive Michael Dominguez. Former President Trump's brother Robert Trump served the board before his passing in 2020.

Two movie studio execs in their 70s and a TV exec who has been accused of sexual harassment.

Dec 21, 2020
Interesting, I look forward to seeing how they end up considering they are in MS hands now, whether for the good or the bad, curious I am.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
I'm hoping the monetization of their games will be toned down under Microsoft. Elder Scrolls Online's in game store/crates are obnoxious, and Fallout 76 isn't much better.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
I mean, they sold the company.
It would be news if they would still sit on their chairs in the offices and would refuse to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.